can we get another Wire thread going?

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
i dunno how to start it, but ive been doing a rewatch this month and wanted to make a thread.. a lot of wire related threads are years old now and i didnt wanna just bump them. someone mentioned bodie in TLR recently and the thread has been doing numbers, so maybe its time to start a new one here?

feel free to delete if you need to. but if youre down post a reply i guess...

daniels.png

PIFF101

Bring back the Golden Era
Daps
Reppin
The Mecca of HipHop
i dunno how to start it, but ive been doing a rewatch this month and wanted to make a thread.. a lot of wire related threads are years old now and i didnt wanna just bump them. someone mentioned bodie in TLR recently and the thread has been doing numbers, so maybe its time to start a new one here?

feel free to delete if you need to. but if youre down post a reply i guess...

daniels.png

tumblr_nabq2iebRM1tvujy5o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mzjk45sBoJ1qbtvygo2_250.gif

One of the GOAT shows :blessed:

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
No clue if it’d work but would’ve been cool to have a miniseries/ prequel on the early days of the Barksdale crew

Cutty probably my favorite character so would have been dope to see him in his heyday with the crew. As much as they mentioned his history and wasn’t to be fukked with it sparked my interest.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
No clue if it’d work but would’ve been cool to have a miniseries/ prequel on the early days of the Barksdale crew

Cutty probably my favorite character so would have been dope to see him in his heyday with the crew. As much as they mentioned his history and wasn’t to be fukked with it sparked my interest.

Season 4 is the closest we ever got to that. Every single one of those kids could have been compared to other older characters in the Wire.

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Season 4 is the closest we ever got to that. Every single one of those kids could have been compared to other older characters in the Wire.
Enjoyed how they did that instead of dwelling on the OGs for the whole series

Showing how when the oldheads get locked, die, move on from the game there will be the young cats coming up making their name :wow:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
While on my first rewatch months ago, I actually started coming up with ideas for a Wire prequel mini-series showing Avon’s rise in the late 80s/early 90s. Someone get Chase on the phone to make this shyt happen (not my ideas, but an actual prequel mini-series). :feedme:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
This one hurts. This is one of those brothas you thought you would live for a long time because of how good of shape he looked to be in. Its like nikkaz can't live to old age no more or something. This pisses me off for for some reason. Why we dyin so soon? :damn:

RIP