Can yall help me get out this slump?

Balla

Superstar
Daps
For the past 3 years I have been on and off eating healthy and exercising a lot.

It always last at least a month, then I go back to my old habits because I either go on a vacation or I get caught up with work, school work, etc. So I focus on that and get lazy with the gym.

So it's been like that for 3 years and I would have been who knows how good if I kept at it.

I'm just asking how can I finally build consistency with my diet and workout 5 days a week?

I admit, imma lazy ass dude and I live eating what I want, food that I eat and that I like gives me a high.

I do not want to workout 5 days a week, I don't want to cook, I don't want eat food I don't like.

How can I reverse these into things I want to Do?

I don't mind going to the gym 3 days a week, but I want to do 5. I want to stick to a diet I Iike.

How can I be consistent and work out 5 days a week? And finally break free of this 3 year slump?

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
For the past 3 years I have been on and off eating healthy and exercising a lot.

I do not want to workout 5 days a week, I don't want to cook, I don't want eat food I don't like.

How can I reverse these into things I want to Do?

You don't reverse the things you don't want to do into things that you want to do. Dont ever do something you dont want to, only do the things you want to do.

The key is finding out exercises you like to do, finding out things you like to eat that are healthy.

Theres enough workouts that you can find for each muscle group, biceps, triceps, shoulders, back. legs. abs, etc that you can either
A. do at home. So you can work out 5 times a week but not have to go to the gym 5 times, or if you cant make it to the gym you can work out at home rather than use the excuse "I couldnt make it to the gym today :manny:.
B. Do quickly- Some exercises take longer than others, while I enjoy doing them I hate the time it takes to do weighted lunges. I like how quick other exercises are
C. Not have to do workouts you dont want to. Dont do the ones you dont like, it'll make you dread the entire experience. I don't do dumbbell chest butterflies. I hate them, when they were on my schedule back in the day I didnt look forward to doing them, my entire workouts were more productive when I didn't have to dread doing chest butterflies.

As far as foods, find out what you like, recipes you like and schedule times/days to eat them. There were times I was looking forward to a big ass bowl of oatmeal and a piece of toast with strawberry preserves. And for dinner was looking forward to that salmon with honey and dijon mustard cooked on it with some blk pepper and lemon pepper broccoli.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
If it was easy everyone would have a nice body. It's all mental, you gotta want to be healthy and look good more than you want to eat and be lazy. It's that simple, you obviously have free will. If you like your results then keep doing what you're doing either way.

There's no secret way to get there, either you want it or you don't.

8====D

¡Vamos Spurs Vamos!
Daps
Reppin
210 | 334
If it was easy everyone would have a nice body. It's all mental, you gotta want to be healthy and look good more than you want to eat and be lazy. It's that simple, you obviously have free will. If you like your results then keep doing what you're doing either way.

There's no secret way to get there, either you want it or you don't.
Hit the nail on the head.

Either nikkas TRULY want it or not. No in-between.

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
To me it’s a link between my mind and body. Your mental health may needn’t a tune up too or you may have some other shyt going on. Break out and do some things you like man, relax and chill and focus on some of your life goals and find your motivation. Be it that new fine ass broad or whatever. Handle it

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Balla also remember a majority of the game is just diet. 90% diet and nutrition and 10% exercise and working out.

I say if you can't eat consistently healthy for at least 30 days, meaning Monday through Friday healthy breakfast lunch and dinner, cheat day or lenient day on Saturday, healthy Sunday and repeat for 30 days without going off the rails or finding some excuse why you ate bad Wednesday night or Thursday for lunch then don't even worry about the gym.

I tell people all the time in the gym their workout is fine. Cause it is. Plenty enough reps and sets, weight and variety of exercises for the muscle groups. The workout is on point. But the nutrition game is heavily flawed.

You can get away with eating healthy and only working out 2/7 days a week and still come out on top. It's damn near impossible to workout 5-6 days a week while eating like shyt and maintain results.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I don't like healthy food at all.

@Balla also remember a majority of the game is just diet. 90% diet and nutrition and 10% exercise and working out.

I say if you can't eat consistently healthy for at least 30 days, meaning Monday through Friday healthy breakfast lunch and dinner, cheat day or lenient day on Saturday, healthy Sunday and repeat for 30 days without going off the rails or finding some excuse why you ate bad Wednesday night or Thursday for lunch then don't even worry about the gym.

I tell people all the time in the gym their workout is fine. Cause it is. Plenty enough reps and sets, weight and variety of exercises for the muscle groups. The workout is on point. But the nutrition game is heavily flawed.

You can get away with eating healthy and only working out 2/7 days a week and still come out on top. It's damn near impossible to workout 5-6 days a week while eating like shyt and maintain results.

Abraxus

All Star
Daps

Not just eating right but at the right times and putting good stuff in your body. Very critical to overall health. Very true

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't like healthy food at all.
The happy medium is finding something that doesn't make you feel like :gag:.

When I started eating vegetable medleys and mixed vegetables I didn't 'liked' them. But they didn't make my stomach churn or make me feel I was choking something down.

They are pretty bland imo. So hit them with some seasoning and :manny:

I have to choke down lima beans and bananas. I never ever consider eating them. Foods that are healthy and neutral aren't a problem.

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
It's about mindset. You have to set a goal and decide to achieve it. You've been running off willpower for 3 years which is temporary.

If a doctor told u that you were going to die if you didn't workout 5 times a week and eat healthy, you would do it no problem. Your "goal" would be to stay alive and you'd wake up every morning with your "goal" on your mind. That is no longer willpower, that is executing a plan and achieving a goal.