CDC: antidepressant use regular for 18% of adult women, 8% adult men

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Years ago in undergrad I took a multicultural psych class. The depression and suicide rates for Asian countries was shocking to me back then.

Yeah I saw similar numbers in the past too. I never looked into it much but I kind of noticed that a lot of countries/groups had elevated homicide numbers or suicide numbers but never both at the same time. Almost like you have to pick a crazy. Black people in the US got homicide :mjcry:but we have almost the lowest suicide rate in the developed world.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
That's what I was thinking. You add in illegal drugs and alcohol abuse and these numbers might cross 50%...

Even before you get to the illegal stuff, Big Pharma and their lobbyists have Americans especially dependent on pills as the answer to everything right on down to simple dietary supplements.

Make 'em sick, sell 'em maintenance pills.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Even before you get to the illegal stuff, Big Pharma and their lobbyists have Americans especially dependent on pills as the answer to everything right on down to simple dietary supplements.

Make 'em sick, sell 'em maintenance pills.

That's why I am fighting tooth and nail if they ever try to force my kids on Ritalin, Adderall, or some of that other bullshyt. They tried to do that to me as a kid and my mom put me into Tae Kwon Do and swimming full time and apparently I did a full 180

brandy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Men are less likely to be diagnosed with depression and more likely be misdiagnosed for something else. If we even try to get help at all. Don't pull fake conclusions to fit an agenda.

I came into this thread to mention that. Men are less likely to see professional help.

We need more mental health access in the Black community. Imagine how many Black youth are misdiagnosed and/or criminalized when they need help.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
I wouldn’t ever take drugs unless I was in a really compromised position I couldn’t work myself out of. I know some people’s depression gets so bad that they literally can’t do anything and can die from it - so in that case I’d take them.

But for recreational use to cope with reality, naw fukk that shyt

I just don’t trust these pharma companies, call me an idiot. But I know their game.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Well judging from the data use seems to increase with age, so probably increased depression when they start being married with kids, and just dealing with process of getting older. Also noticed white women use it far more than any other demographic, maybe explains why some of them are crazy

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
women are probably more prone to emotional swings because they don't have the same amount of testosterone a man has