Chance the Rapper already on the cover of GQ without a album

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"album" is an outdated concept

of course... but his last "mixtape" was getting national tv commercials lets be reality.

Its just a countdown till when labels wont be completely needed tbh. Let me remind you that Streaming saved the label industry. its going to be a problem when apple, google, spotify, deezer etc start becoming labels themselves. Also a lot more artists are going to do what chance is doing. Chance is still not signed to a major label, he's this big because of his management and that lady who is well known in the industry is the driving force behind him. She's prolly got a deal with chance that she takes cuts from his touring etc. Social media is bigger than ever now.

of course. nowadays a rapper cant get rich off a hot single any more. music is basically a commercial for touring and merchandise

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
040816_clecws_chance_the_rapper_med_banbbtsm.gif

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
i agree. look at acid rap (:scusthov:) or to use a project that isnt a complete piece of shyt, that Ross - rich forever. 15-20 tracks of all original beats :heh: nothing about that says 'mixtape' to me

some beats on Rich Foever and Chance's projects were used by other artists, thats why I think its a mixtape.

I think an artist defines an album when they get full exclusive ownership of all the beats on the project.