China Stocks Plunge Into Bear Market | Latest (8/24): "Black Monday"

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
I'm not worried breh. America will steal some country's assets and everything will be fine.

I honestly would be shocked if America didn't have a hand in fukking that stock market up.

Fixed :manny: Not sure dropping a bomb on your #1 lender is the way to go :heh:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Interest rates are so low to boost investment in our infrastructure, but instead all the elites are pouring it into the stock market pumping and dumping, as soon as the interest rates go up spending 1 million to make 1000 won't make sense anymore :lupe:

yeah, pretty much :ehh:

largely in the US this interest-free money has went to stock buybacks by corporations

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
dow futures were looking kind of weak the last time i checked.....

Guess What Happened The Last Time The Chinese Stock Market Crashed Like This?

By Michael Snyder

The second largest stock market in the entire world is collapsing right in front of our eyes. Since hitting a peak in June, the most important Chinese stock market index has plummeted by well over 20 percent, and more than 3 trillion dollars of “paper wealth” has been wiped out.

Of course the Shanghai Composite Index is still way above the level it was sitting at exactly one year ago, but what is so disturbing about this current crash is that it is so similar to what we witnessed just prior to the great financial crisis of 2008 in the United States. From October 2006 to October 2007, the Shanghai Composite Index more than tripled in value. It was the greatest stock market surge in Chinese history. But after hitting a peak, it began to fall dramatically. From October 2007 to October 2008, the Shanghai Composite Index absolutely crashed. In the end, more than two-thirds of all wealth in the market was completely wiped out. You can see all of this on a chart that you can find right here.

What makes this so important to U.S. investors is the fact that Chinese stocks started crashing well before U.S. stocks started crashing during the last financial crisis, and now it is happening again. Is this yet another sign that a U.S. stock market crash is imminent?
Read more »
Posted by Activist at 1:16 PM Labels: China, economic collapse, Economy, Michael Snyder, Stock Market

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Can someone break it down simple for a brother like me? I am not too versed in this area brehs.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
dow futures were looking kind of weak the last time i checked.....

Guess What Happened The Last Time The Chinese Stock Market Crashed Like This?

By Michael Snyder

The second largest stock market in the entire world is collapsing right in front of our eyes. Since hitting a peak in June, the most important Chinese stock market index has plummeted by well over 20 percent, and more than 3 trillion dollars of “paper wealth” has been wiped out.

Of course the Shanghai Composite Index is still way above the level it was sitting at exactly one year ago, but what is so disturbing about this current crash is that it is so similar to what we witnessed just prior to the great financial crisis of 2008 in the United States. From October 2006 to October 2007, the Shanghai Composite Index more than tripled in value. It was the greatest stock market surge in Chinese history. But after hitting a peak, it began to fall dramatically. From October 2007 to October 2008, the Shanghai Composite Index absolutely crashed. In the end, more than two-thirds of all wealth in the market was completely wiped out. You can see all of this on a chart that you can find right here.

What makes this so important to U.S. investors is the fact that Chinese stocks started crashing well before U.S. stocks started crashing during the last financial crisis, and now it is happening again. Is this yet another sign that a U.S. stock market crash is imminent?
Read more »
Posted by Activist at 1:16 PM Labels: China, economic collapse, Economy, Michael Snyder, Stock Market
i was just about to open an investment account. Literally, in minutes :lupe:

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
@Domingo Halliburton
what are your thoughts broham? We gonna get hit hard on this? I'm thinking no. There's been enough time for people to divest themselves of Greece in general. China "crumbling" was going to happen. GOtta say overall i'm not all that worried. Tomorrow will be hectic a bit but overall I do see this as being detrimental to my investments.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
i was just about to open an investment account. Literally, in minutes :lupe:

be vigilant and safe investing. i used to actively invest until the super computers took over and shorted everything i invested in out of existence. i once wrote a letter to tom dolan of barrons magazine in rebuttal to one of his weekly columns and he published it. now i only have one reit dividend stock, one stock in my drip acct, and my ira (index fund and bonds) with vanguard which is holding up ok.

there's some knowledgeable posters on this board. read their ideas and pick their brains.

Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
@Domingo Halliburton
what are your thoughts broham? We gonna get hit hard on this? I'm thinking no. There's been enough time for people to divest themselves of Greece in general. China "crumbling" was going to happen. GOtta say overall i'm not all that worried. Tomorrow will be hectic a bit but overall I do see this as being detrimental to my investments.

I think the Chinese government will intervene and I think Greece will only cause short term pain. The problem with china is it may only further slow down the second biggest economy.

Deezy314619

All Star
Daps
Reppin
St Louis & SD
This may be a stupid question but how does wealth disappear? Is someone lying on accounts or stealing money or siphoning it? I imagine all of those are true. Also could this affect the USA's debt to China? There have been rumblings on the Coli about China wanting to collect for over a month now