Chris Benoit's son David opens up about tragedy, wanting to wrestle under "Chris Benoit Jr.", AEW

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I see people (not here) tryna give the excuse of this being how he copes with the trauma of what happened, and that this is him wanting to erase the negative connotations to the name.

:gucci:

Like... if he’s dead serious on taking up his father’s mantle, hop in a gym for a year, put on a fukking mask and go by Pegasus Kid Jr. or some shyt. Otherwise this just comes off as him trolling for notoriety and using his father’s name, which will forever be connected to his baby brother & step mother’s deaths, to do it.

100%. If he was really serious, he would’ve already been putting in the work. He’s 27, so he does have plenty of time to get things together, but I just don’t buy that he truly wants it.

The idea that he wants to go by Chris Benoit Jr and “already has attire designed” is :mjlol:

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
I think he obviously is looking for a contract from a major promotion to train but get paid for it basically a head start :francis:.

But if he really loves the business and wants to be successful maybe going to one of the New Japan dojos would be a solid move.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I think he obviously is looking for a contract from a major promotion to train but get paid for it basically a head start :francis:.

But if he really loves the business and wants to be successful maybe going to one of the New Japan dojos would be a solid move.

Dude will need to bulk up and go under a mask like another poster already said. He just looks way too much like his dad to ever go far.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Who wants to get some awesomely bad booking started with Benoit Jr.?

*Cody is in the middle cutting a promo about Butcher and Blade and mentions his father*

*lights go out*

*Benoit appears to a pop for reasons were not quite sure of*

JR: By gawd!!! The rumors were true. It’s Chris Benoit Jr.

Benoit: Cody, you’re always talking about how your father is looking down on you. Well my father is looking up at me cause he’s burning it hell!!!

:dwillhuh:

Benoit: And I’m here to cripple AEW and show you why I’m the one HE DIDNT GET!!!”

*awful punch sequence into a botched Cross Rhodes on Cody*

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Who wants to get some awesomely bad booking started with Benoit Jr.?

*Cody is in the middle cutting a promo about Butcher and Blade and mentions his father*

*lights go out*

*Benoit appears to a pop for reasons were not quite sure of*

JR: By gawd!!! The rumors were true. It’s Chris Benoit Jr.

Benoit: Cody, you’re always talking about how your father is looking down on you. Well my father is looking up at me cause he’s burning it hell!!!

:dwillhuh:

Benoit: And I’m here to cripple AEW and show you why I’m the one HE DIDNT GET!!!”

*awful punch sequence into a botched Cross Rhodes on Cody*

:picard::mjlol::mjlol:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I now see what people were saying in the other thread a while back.

he doesn't look like hes serious about it.

he has the "im just bullchittin" steezo.

Henzo

Kliq'd Up
Daps
If he's serious about it I hope he makes it. He seems like a good kid.