Classics Discussion: DMX

Which of these DMX albums are classic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
wtf this poll is closing on March 3rd for some weird reason but whatever I've counted the votes we got enough anyway and it's obvious that one album is a classic and the rest are not

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
:huhldup:
Good luck with that essay breh.
Try to find a way to quote Nature of the Threat :whew:

haha funny you say that because I know Ras Kass was religion/philosophy inspired and I'm writing about some dude's perception of the meaning of life
:russ:

I finished it man so fingers crossed it goes well!

And on the subject of quoting rappers, in some exam paper last year, I forgot some scholar names, so I thought I'd be funny and name the scholars of various quotes Dennis Coles, Robert Diggs, Corey Woods etc.

I used the Wu-Tang gov. names and guised them as real scholars thinking I was real slick
:jawalrus:

Get back my mark in the summer and a comment next to it:

36/100

"36 for 36 Chambers. I researched these names and I found some rather interesting individuals linked to said names. I thought your mark was thus appropriate".

:skip:

I took that L

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
haha funny you say that because I know Ras Kass was religion/philosophy inspired and I'm writing about some dude's perception of the meaning of life
:russ:

I finished it man so fingers crossed it goes well!

And on the subject of quoting rappers, in some exam paper last year, I forgot some scholar names, so I thought I'd be funny and name the scholars of various quotes Dennis Coles, Robert Diggs, Corey Woods etc.

I used the Wu-Tang gov. names and guised them as real scholars thinking I was real slick
:jawalrus:

Get back my mark in the summer and a comment next to it:

36/100

"36 for 36 Chambers. I researched these names and I found some rather interesting individuals linked to said names. I thought your mark was thus appropriate".

:skip:

I took that L
:deadmanny:
But also, :ufdup:
You've gotta maintain an A- average to stay eligible for #tpc :whew:

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
:deadmanny:
But also, :ufdup:
You've gotta maintain an A- average to stay eligible for #tpc :whew:

I'm no dumb motherfukker

:birdman:

If you want a grade equivalent, you can say I'm averaging an A right about now, and will probably graduate with that grade at the end of the year God willing
:lawd:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
:merchant:
In my opinion, I don't think any of his albums are classics because they are all flawed. The first one is the best by far and it's obviously still held in high regard so I'm putting my feelings to the side and giving it that nod.

I'm surprised you won't give the nod to X when you gave the nod to Madvilliany. :jbhmm:

X wasn't really doing anything I hadn't heard before. He was street. Get At Me Dog is an old EPMD loop, nahmean?

Madvillainy was the first time I ever heard of DOOM. the idea that someone could be a 'super villain', rock a mask all day, and rhyme over some shyt like "Rhinestone Cowboy" eventually blew me away. It's just on a whole other level of "never heard that before."

If you're coming with some far-out shyt, even if the whole project isn't perfect (but you've got more than a couple BANGERS), I'll give the classic nod

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dmx run from 1998-2003 was phenomenal. All his first 5 albums were a classics. I might sound like a stan but he isnt in my top 5

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And Then There Was X:fire: sounds more better to me now than it did 20yrs ago:wow::mindblown::damn: