Coli (future)parents do/will you feed your kids soul food

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Deep fried meats, vegetables cooked in pig and animal fat, cobblers, gravy. You know what Im talking about

I don't know of any vegetables cooked in fat... However, there are plenty of various meats used to season some vegetables while cooking..... So you're saying collards cooked with a lil bit of fatback is giving black people diabetes, high cholesterol and hypertension.... :patrice:

How is gravy considered soul food.... :sas1: cobblers :mjlol: are as American as apple pie.... and what deep fried meats are black people eating on a daily basis?

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
WfgVZzKU13c213631383533393gVZzKUv4_1360705897.jpg

I'm pro-good health and prosperity. My kids won't be eating THAT bullshyt unless a family member makes it, and even then, once every blue moon.
I won't have a household of funky-breathed, belt-busting bellied buffoons. Thats an aspect of culture I am squarely against.:camby:

I would bush any woman trying to cook me a plate of fried garbage and lard, too.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know of any vegetables cooked in fat... However, there are plenty of various meats used to season some vegetables while cooking..... So you're saying collards cooked with a lil bit of fatback is giving black people diabetes, high cholesterol and hypertension.... :patrice:

How is gravy considered soul food.... :sas1: cobblers :mjlol: are as American as apple pie.... and what deep fried meats are black people eating on a daily basis?

I don't know of many black people that still cook food in Fatback anymore. Even Big Momma and 'em use Olive Oil now of days. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
if I have a kid from birth, I'm gonna focus on well executed nutrition, like making sure they have an abundance of DHA so their brains develop really well
for the kids I may adopt one day, I'm really gonna focus on balancing nutrition with taste and variety
like produce or certain meats or spices with benefits with foods and cooking techniques that enhance the flavor and also the health benefits
also gonna encourage snacking on stuff like seeds and raw veggies
also, lots of fermented food :blessed:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell:My grandma, aunt, her daughter (my cousin), my friend, HIS mom and sister, my next door neighbors....

Do need to continue? I'm in the hood. If it ain't out a box or from a can, its usually fried.

Your family still using fatback to fry food? :ld:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
As far as soul food goes, you want to feed your kids in moderation when it comes to the high calorie and high sugar entrees.
The big problem with childhood obesity is sugar intake through candy, desserts, cookies, cakes, ice cream and sweetened drinks. Cut that out and you will downsize your kid from "Lawrence Taylor" mode to "Prince Fielder" mode. From there, you will want to cut on back on fried foods like donuts, potato chips, corn chips, French fries, fried chicken and deep-fried stuff. That will downsize your kid from "Prince Fielder" mode to "Anthony Davis" mode.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Your family still using fatback to fry food? :ld:
Fatback and the old crisco can on the stove:scust:

The dopest thing I ever had from that though was seeing in the morning my grandma make pork bacon that covered the pan:wow:

At night she used the bacon grease to make cornbread.:wow:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Pork belly is served in the finest establishments these days... So are greens, actually a lot of things white people claimed they didn't eat are now revamping it into something gourmet. Most of what people consider soul food is just southern food eaten by everyone. There are healthier ways to prepare everything and like it was said consume in moderation.