Coli (future)parents do/will you feed your kids soul food

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell:My grandma, aunt, her daughter (my cousin), my friend, HIS mom and sister, my next door neighbors....

Do need to continue? I'm in the hood. If it ain't out a box or from a can, its usually fried.

That's your family... I'm from the gutter.... and nobody around my way ate fried foods every day... You still didn't say what they eat..... Let me put it to you like this... If you show me a discrepancy in income, I'll show you a discrepancy in eating habits......

Number 1..... We couldn't even afford to eat meat like that every day.....

Number 2.... Certain foods were prepared because of their shelf life..... Baked meats last longer than fried foods..........

Canon

Veteran
Daps
outside of once or twice a year NO!

I haven't touched in years myself

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Isn't this what poppin now of days? :yeshrug:

k2-_145e7ab6-aa87-4367-a4af-20d2d08fbbd4.v1.jpg

That's worst than animal fat..... and probably giving people high cholesterol

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pork belly is served in the finest establishments these days... So are greens, actually a lot of things white people claimed they didn't eat are now revamping it into something gourmet. Most of what people consider soul food is just southern food eaten by everyone. There are healthier ways to prepare everything and like it was said consume in moderation.

Common Sense Post

Its so simple..... The same things these nikkas lamenting about, like grease and fat, are staples for ethnicities all across the globe..... and they don't have nearly the same type of health issues we have in the states...

I wonder why....... :lupe:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fatback and the old crisco can on the stove:scust:

The dopest thing I ever had from that though was seeing in the morning my grandma make pork bacon that covered the pan:wow:

At night she used the bacon grease to make cornbread.:wow:

:wtf:

You family need to catch up to 2015 breh. I don't know many black families that still use fatback or bacon grease(:wtf:)

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I don't know of any vegetables cooked in fat... However, there are plenty of various meats used to season some vegetables while cooking..... So you're saying collards cooked with a lil bit of fatback is giving black people diabetes, high cholesterol and hypertension.... :patrice:

How is gravy considered soul food.... :sas1: cobblers :mjlol: are as American as apple pie.... and what deep fried meats are black people eating on a daily basis?

:rudy: done with you and your trolling.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nicca fukk yes I'm feeding those little b*stards soul food.
fukk kind of monster do you think I am denying my kids the deliciousness of fried catfish and smothered pork chops? :dahell:
Are you even human?

That'll be once a week at most tho.

According to these posters.... we were eating smothered porkchops on Monday, fried Catfish on Tuesday, fried chicken on Wednesday, Chitlins on Thursday, Country Fried Steak on Friday, and BBQ Ribs\Pork all through the weekend....

Hell, I don't know too many nikkas that can even "afford" to cook and eat like that everyday