Coli (future)parents do/will you feed your kids soul food

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Yes! Because i love it myself and you can make anything healthy and still taste good. Like substituting smoked hocks for smoked turkey in greens. It still wont be the healthiest but my family now really only eat food like that around the holidays anyways. If i am ever blessed with kids i will try my best to feed them food cooked as healthy and flavorful as possible. We can also have like a couple of nights where we eat food thats not so great for you.

Flash Thunderton

The 4th Migo
Daps
Reppin
ATL
My kids gonna be vegetarians like me :blessed:

Unless they hate it, they ima give them a lil meat on they plate.

No fatties in the House of Flash

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
cornbread-meme-generator-hey-you-gonna-eat-yo-cornbread-34cc38.jpg

0cc0198d1fa41385ba6a2f4b4df8d1fc.jpg

18mlvvsybfvimpng.png

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:laugh:

That made me laugh... I aint laughing at your GMom's cooking.... just the way you described it
:yeshrug:I feel you, it was fukked. Then her cheesecake recipe fell off (or it was never that great and I was just glad to have cherry cheesecake) and I
begun to see how overrated soul food is. Hers and the rest of my families isn't the only soul food I have had, but as a whole, the flavor palette is basic and
not worthy of my time.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
nope they'll eat the Goat food :blessed::blessed:
d815fe93fa4b67728a58d3ff95f525be.jpg

Bake+and+Saltfish.jpg

ethiopian-food-fried-plantains.jpg

Jamaican_curry-1.jpg

:blessed::blessed:

My children will grow up on a Southern/African(Cameroonian) fusion diet. I cook all of the stuff above plus the Southern food I was raised with (other than plantains and goat, the actual food items aren't that different).

Last edited:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
According to these posters.... we were eating smothered porkchops on Monday, fried Catfish on Tuesday, fried chicken on Wednesday, Chitlins on Thursday, Country Fried Steak on Friday, and BBQ Ribs\Pork all through the weekend....

Hell, I don't know too many nikkas that can even "afford" to cook and eat like that everyday

Right. Growing up we probably ate baked chicken and vegetables most days (too much baked chicken actually). Cornbread was on deck most of the time.

Last edited:

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
Can someone provide me with specific examples of soul food?

I am Nigerian and grew eating mostly Nigerian food, and Caribbean food. Soul food is cool, but I am not a serious fan of soul food. If I marry an African American man I will be more than happy to make it, but it's not something I see myself mostly making if I marry an African man or Afro Caribbean man.My kids will mostly eat food like this.
post-image2.jpg

Jollof_rice_with_fried_fish_and_fried_plantain.jpg
Larios+beans+&+rice.jpg
p1070111.jpg
Puff+Puff.JPG
Nigerian+Chin+Chin+1.jpg

10.jpg
Nigerian%2Bmeat%2Bpie%2B.JPG

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You can eat anything in moderation, a little soul food every blue moon not going to hurt nobody.