sweet-potato-yams-soul-food-lawrenceville-ga.jpg

3677002686_d14596726e.jpg

picbb5eYb.jpg

:win:

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
Didn't know Nigerian food sounded so amazing :whoo::to:

Home for the summer till college start up again and my mom said shes gonna make curry goat tonight :banderas:
curried-goat-rice-peas.jpg

:blessed:

You;re Jamaican? My mom makes that a lot. Does your mom put little cubes of potatoes in her curry goat? We always do that to ours.

Kwéyòl

Moon walking seeing moon people
Daps
Reppin
St.Lucia,Dominica n St.Croix
You;re Jamaican? My mom makes that a lot. Does your mom put little cubes of potatoes in her curry goat? We always do that to ours.
when we moved to the US we moved into a Jamaican neighborhood so their influence rub off lol
and up it looks her curry goat like this every time :lolbron:
Curry-Goat.jpg

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No answers huh? I'm still waiting for someone to give me a list of "soul food" :sas1:
Fried chicken, oxtails, pig's feet, chitlins, smoked neckbone, greens cooked with salt pork or salt jowl, sweet potato pie w/brown sugar and marshmallows, fried catfish/crawfish, oversweetened Kool-aid, biscuits w/meat gravy, pork fatback, nikka you know damn well none of this food is even remotely healthy, and at least partially contributes to the diabetes and obesity issues in the Black community.

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
My children will grow up on a Southern/African(Cameroonian) fusion diet. I cook all of the stuff above plus the Southern food I was raised with (other than plantains and goat, the actual food items aren't that different).

You're African?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nah man, soul food ruins lives. I grew up on it and if I had kids I'd keep them as far away from junk, fast and soul food as possible. I've been really lucky but I can't say the same for so many others.

Nothing good is coming from it, and god forbid I have a girl.... And she's "thick" Nahhhh nope no soul food eating for mines.