Coli I have a question for y'all. Help a brotha out... Food related

Would you order any of these in a restaurant?

• Fish and grits

• French toast sandwich

• Eggs and rice

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
This breakfast spot near me does chicken and waffles that consist of a Belgian waffle with chicken infused into the dough. It’s unique and in my opinion friendly towards a picky eater. It’s served dusted in sugar and a side of whip cream. Idk your clientele but it would def be different. French toast sandwich sounds like a play on a Monte Cristo. Another idea would be like a plate that consist all the breakfast favs like a garbage plate. Over here they call it the kitchen sink. Consist of hash browns peppers,bacon, onions topped with eggs pretty much a glorified scramble.
The kitchen sink scramble is a good idea. Toss it together on the flat top. Maybe shredded cheese on top :jbhmm:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
giphy.webp

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
I was debating on the powdered sugar. I'm trying to make it as easy to eat as possible and since it's a sandwich people would probably try to eat it with their hands.

Or maybe an open faced sandwich would work with the sugar
Add the powdered sugar in the pan with butter after dipping the toast inti the egg

Sear the toast

Remove

Add cinnamon powdered sugar butter cook high . U got it

Sex Luthor

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Depends on the location of the market
It's just outside of baton rouge so it's fairly country

I feel like if people from everywhere would order it, it shouldn't be a problem here. I'm trying not to get stuck in the "local dishes" category but not go too far out.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
It's just outside of baton rouge so it's fairly country

I feel like if people from everywhere would order it, it shouldn't be a problem here. I'm trying not to get stuck in the "local dishes" category but not go too far out.
The french influence opens alot of opportunity s

Create something you can't get anywhere else

Don't know the market their . You got this

Sex Luthor

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
I'm buying all 3,

Egg and Rice total sleeper IMO
What made me think of it was that I love it and I know just about everybody does too. I've never seen it on a menu tho. So it could be a dish that people have to come here to get. Something simple, nastalgic, and unique to the industry.

Taco

All Star
Daps
The kitchen sink scramble is a good idea. Toss it together on the flat top. Maybe shredded cheese on top :jbhmm:
Yeup. They get crazy with it. They have a fully loaded version of the sink topped with biscuits & gravy. They serve half and full portions.

Last edited:

Taco

All Star
Daps
Add the powdered sugar in the pan with butter after dipping the toast inti the egg

Sear the toast

Remove

Add cinnamon powdered sugar butter cook high . U got it
Maybe give them an option? Table side dusting of powder sugar like they do with pepper or Parmesan. Fun little “fine dining” dynamic.

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What made me think of it was that I love it and I know just about everybody does too. I've never seen it on a menu tho. So it could be a dish that people have to come here to get. Something simple, nastalgic, and unique to the industry.

Rice w sugar & butter and salty/spicy scrambled eggs with green peppers/onions and maybe some kale was my shyt

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Egg & Rice is a regular breakfast item I make for myself; it would be dope if I could get it at a restaurant

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
So I work in a restaurant and I make the menu. They decided they want to open earlier and start selling breakfast. It's kinda of in a country area and I want to sell the usuals like pancakes, grits, waffles ect. but I want a few things that aren't typical dishes in restaurants but not so crazy people will be iffy about ordering it. I have a few ideas and I want to get some opinions on whether or not you would order if you saw it on a menu

1. Fish and savory grits
Fried catfish strips or Blackened Grilled catfish fillets
Savory grits
(Optional) cheddar, American or parmesan cheese

2. French Toast Sandwich
Egg cooked however you want
Bacon or sausage
American, cheddar or swiss cheese
Between two slices of french toast made with Texas toast with warm syrup on the side

3. Egg and Rice
2 or 3 eggs cooked how ever you want
White or brown rice
(Optional) chopped Sausage (breakfast, hot or smoked)
Cheddar, American or white cheddar cheese

I'm just trying to get opinions from people that don't know me before I put it on the menu. Any suggestions are welcome

Edit: the usual crowd is older to middle aged folks in southern louisiana

Are you in the South? Depends on which region you’re in for me.