choppybeats

Rookie
Daps
Link to Episode 10:

Shout Out to @KingMusa @TEKBEATZ

@Wepa Man
@GPBear @R$G META @Dippa1947 @choppybeats @BronxFleeZy @Kamikaze Revy @ThaRealness @DJ Mart-Kos @Tom Foolery @rayswiftbeats @SavageSavant @PERC GOD @Chubbs @nikkahs B. Wildin @Doobie Doo @head shots101 @Hat @Guvnor @Mob H @Mahirishi @Fitz @Ace of the Metropolitan @Grizzly@Clutch Robinson

Today we're going with a Soul Sample

Sample:

Our Flip:

As part of TheHitKingz, me and DBC aka @Chubbs went with a Just Blaze approach, but with a modern twist. I did the sample flip, he did the drums and guitar. And our bassist Rex did the live basslines.

Lets keep this series alive. If you have a dope sample you want for a future Flip This episode, message me or @TEKBEATZ

@TheHitKingz @TEKBEATZ Ima try to get to this, ill be back in the fold real soon:hhh:
I got a recommendation that can be flipped ill inbox i link when i find it.
@KingMusa Get back soon:hhh:life is a :scust::gucci: sometimes.

Last edited:

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama

giphy.gif

:whew:That's all I'm going to leave for this beat.

HypeMan

HypeMan
Supporter
Daps
Yo @TheHitKingz Y'all ever drop a tape or a compilation?

We unofficially dropped a small beat tape on datpiff back in the day, just throwaway beats. Nothing really special.

But if you wanna check out more of our work, we got our full catalog on soundcloud.

Not trying to derail this thread, but here are a few of our best beats below in the spoiler.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
We unofficially dropped a small beat tape on datpiff back in the day, just throwaway beats. Nothing really special.

But if you wanna check out more of our work, we got our full catalog on soundcloud.

Not trying to derail this thread, but here are a few of our best beats below in the spoiler.

Word, will give a thorough listen when I get the time. I love the live instrumentation approach you guys use

Your bassist has mad talent :wow:

HypeMan

HypeMan
Supporter
Daps
Word, will give a thorough listen when I get the time. I love the live instrumentation approach you guys use

Your bassist has mad talent :wow:

We appreciate that breh :salute:

We actually started doing that approach recently. Only have a few beats like that, but we plan on making more with the live approach.

The homie Rex is our bassist, we actually found him on here in the Tunnel, he don't got an account but he lurks on here and he hit us up.

Right now we just trying to get that beat placed with MMG, we got the connect for their A&R, hopefully they like it.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
We appreciate that breh :salute:

We actually started doing that approach recently. Only have a few beats like that, but we plan on making more with the live approach.

The homie Rex is our bassist, we actually found him on here in the Tunnel, he don't got an account but he lurks on here and he hit us up.

Right now we just trying to get that beat placed with MMG, we got the connect for their A&R, hopefully they like it.
Thats whats up man :salute:

Major looks aside, you finding a decent market with that soulful shyt?

HypeMan

HypeMan
Supporter
Daps
Thats whats up man :salute:

Major looks aside, you finding a decent market with that soulful shyt?

Not as much as we'd hope, but we do a get a few sales here and there from our soulful flips (Fabolous Soul Tape series types).

The ones we really enjoy making are the 2000 rocafella/dipset type soulful flips. Unfortunately there is no market for those, but we still make it for the fun of it and because of the art of sampling has many techniques to choose from.

We have to rely on making beats in styles that are hot now in order to make a decent income from sales; there is a huge market for trap beats.

We just started getting into making new school East Coast sampled beats, which is what my homie and mentor NY Bangers (producer of Young MA - Ooouuu/producer of Casanova - Dont Run) has been doing for a few years now.