nahnah

Superstar
Daps
Dope! Imma have a couple of beers and see what i can muster. Won't listen to any beforehand otherwise I'll probably subconsciously bite or just give up :mjlol:

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Not as much as we'd hope, but we do a get a few sales here and there from our soulful flips (Fabolous Soul Tape series types).

The ones we really enjoy making are the 2000 rocafella/dipset type soulful flips. Unfortunately there is no market for those, but we still make it for the fun of it and because of the art of sampling has many techniques to choose from.

We have to rely on making beats in styles that are hot now in order to make a decent income from sales; there is a huge market for trap beats.

We just started getting into making new school East Coast sampled beats, which is what my homie and mentor NY Bangers (producer of Young MA - Ooouuu/producer of Casanova - Dont Run) has been doing for a few years now.
Word, thats real interesting... seems to me trap is something like 70% of the market.... the Dilla neo-soul shyt might be at 20%, new school boom bap might be like 10% (TDE be fukking with those joints, then you got Dave East and Joey Badass):ld:

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
We unofficially dropped a small beat tape on datpiff back in the day, just throwaway beats. Nothing really special.

But if you wanna check out more of our work, we got our full catalog on soundcloud.

Not trying to derail this thread, but here are a few of our best beats below in the spoiler.

Jesus christ thats some shyt :damn::damn:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN

tumblr_ohznarESWU1tjoc2wo1_500.gif

Sample was a legit pain in the ass as others pointed out in this thread, but I'm happy with the results:ehh:.

@stomachlines

The beat switch at the end.

Were those drums at the end a part of the sample? That whole shyt sound hard as hell man :obama:

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Not as much as we'd hope, but we do a get a few sales here and there from our soulful flips (Fabolous Soul Tape series types).

The ones we really enjoy making are the 2000 rocafella/dipset type soulful flips. Unfortunately there is no market for those, but we still make it for the fun of it and because of the art of sampling has many techniques to choose from.

We have to rely on making beats in styles that are hot now in order to make a decent income from sales; there is a huge market for trap beats.

We just started getting into making new school East Coast sampled beats, which is what my homie and mentor NY Bangers (producer of Young MA - Ooouuu/producer of Casanova - Dont Run) has been doing for a few years now.
This might sound like a weird question but how did you find a mentor man? I been wanting one even if it's too learn chords, scales and circles of fifth and I don't want to pay for lessons lol.

HypeMan

HypeMan
Supporter
Daps
This might sound like a weird question but how did you find a mentor man? I been wanting one even if it's too learn chords, scales and circles of fifth and I don't want to pay for lessons lol.

Honestly when I first gained interest in making beats, I just looked up tutorials online how to make beats. I'm a big MPC head, so I would watch King I Divine beat making videos:

At the time I couldn't afford an MPC (those things go for $1000 and up), so I did the next best alternative and got FL Studio, and learned how to make beats on that.

I recommend the Busy Works TV youtube channel from the video above, a lot of great information you can learn on there for free (chords, beat making techniques, etc).

As for how I got a mentor, really it was just thru making connections and networking. I had reached out to NY Bangers about the possibility of collabing on a beat or two back in the day (before he got his industry placements), and we just worked together on a few projects. He liked my work so he helped me out on a lot of things, such as how to market my beats, branding, how to make money, how to get the right people to hear my music, etc. He's a great teacher, if he ever goes into a teacher route, he can make a lot of money off of that.

I can offer a lot of valuable information too, feel free to hit me up with any question or anything you need help on related to music production. One thing I'm big on is sharing my knowledge and information I've learned over the years in this profession.

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Honestly when I first gained interest in making beats, I just looked up tutorials online how to make beats. I'm a big MPC head, so I would watch King I Divine beat making videos:

At the time I couldn't afford an MPC (those things go for $1000 and up), so I did the next best alternative and got FL Studio, and learned how to make beats on that.

I recommend the Busy Works TV youtube channel from the video above, a lot of great information you can learn on there for free (chords, beat making techniques, etc).

As for how I got a mentor, really it was just thru making connections and networking. I had reached out to NY Bangers about the possibility of collabing on a beat or two back in the day (before he got his industry placements), and we just worked together on a few projects. He liked my work so he helped me out on a lot of things, such as how to market my beats, branding, how to make money, how to get the right people to hear my music, etc. He's a great teacher, if he ever goes into a teacher route, he can make a lot of money off of that.

I can offer a lot of valuable information too, feel free to hit me up with any question or anything you need help on related to music production. One thing I'm big on is sharing my knowledge and information I've learned over the years in this profession.

Sorry for the late response but damn them King I Divine joints you posted were fire and I will be checking out more from him. I also will check busy works tv, I seen his stuff before on youtube but never really got too into watching them like that. Thanks a lot for sharing your story as well on how you met your mentor and I appreciate you offering to give me advice. I guess I just have to study a lot more and make more beats but I will take you up on your offer if I hit a road block and need some advice. Thanks a lot man.