**Coli Verzuz 4** Who Makes Better Music (Chip Skylark vs BigRodThe1)

Who Makes the Better Music

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
This the Fourth edition of our weekly music battles. Purpose of this is to showcase the talent we have in here so you can vote for whoever had the best song to you or who's majority of tracks you liked the most. Don't matter how you decide, just listen and vote.

Thank you to the participants an everybody taking the time out to listen and drop feedback.

@Chip Skylark

@bigrodthe1

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:lupe:So this is what's most difficult about these type of battles right and im not ranting, just about to expound on people's perception on what they see/hear/interpret as good music. We have so many different variables that can comprise of a "good song/ or good quality music": (recording/engineering/production/clarity etc).

For instance, @bigrodthe1 my biggest knock against you is the (sound quality of the music) which isnt always a bad thing but in your case it's my knock against you, I think you have great concepts/range as far as how you come at a song (lowkey underrated) and if the quality was a bit better I'd probably would vote you this round. @Chip Skylark from what it seems like put a couple of throw away tracks on here because he probably felt like he didnt need much this round, as an assessment to what i pointed out. but brown machiavelli is easily the best song i heard from him thus far.

Last edited:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
2-1 Bigrod for this one.

The Question Pt. 1 is not only one of my fav Chip tracks period, but my fav from Chip's selection in this round.. and imo is Chip at his best/greatest strength in regards to being able to package conscious knowledge into delightful entertaining sounds (total package of rap ability and production). Lowkey that's what I was expecting to get for the entire batch:jbhmm:. The Brown and Supreme did their jobs too but didnt stand out as much.

For Rod I enjoyed R&R the most (track is hard:scust:). Straight embodied some Detroit shyt, and it was well placed to go first, as it seemed like an intro type joint. Reminded of Amerikaz Nightmare from Mobb Deep on the same titled album. So special had a vibe too, like Chip's 'the question' this is a joint im familiar with as well and is one my favs from Rod and shows his versatility, shyt would fit perfect in that Curren$y lane. 'Over here' did its job as well but it didnt stand out as much compared to the tone the other two tracks provided, plus Chip didnt have any collabs in his, compared to two for Rod. Now that really shouldn't matter but in a event showcasing two heavy hitters all straws have to be pulled:manny:.

Chip's sound quality was superb, where Rod lacked in some spots with the sound quality (mainly vocal) it was more than made up for with the production as I know Rod has his hands behind the boards/the beats sounded fine to me.

R&R was the difference maker to me, and sonically is the best I've heard in the rounds so far in regards to creativity, some may label me biased due to location:ufdup:, but I've probably been the most unbiased cat in most of Rod's battles as he does not always get my vote/im a straight shooter, so lets get that out of the way now. Now with that said Chip would've swayed my vote with another 'the question' level track embedded in his 3.

Salute to @Chip Skylark @bigrodthe1
Great work gentlemen, the coli is on notice( dont sleep on this thread :ufdup:)

L Ray

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Glass city
:whoo: both sets of songs are dope so :salute: to both of you. Did not know @Chip Skylark was that dope, I'm gonna peep more of your shyt breh.

I voted @bigrodthe1 , the sound quality definitely goes to chip, but over here is the hardest song imo.:noah: I am somewhat biased as I live in Toledo so I have an affinity for that D sound, but this was a hard choice and I wish all the success in the world for both of y'all.:birdman:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dope set of songs as always fam:obama:
Hell I appreciate the battle win or lose. I just love the game like Mitch:whew:

Same! You know you’re dope lol and Y’all should know how I feel about y’all. Been listening to y’all since i first joined the tunnel competitions.

it’s too many guys on here that’s fire

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
unfortunately the tagging system is broken. If you tag more than 5 people only like the 5 first will receive a notification