College Educated Blacks More Likely To Face Discrimination

Daps
This seems like a good thread to address it brehs what do you think about this situation.

I have an English Professor from India and she had everyone meet her this week to discuss grades. Anyway this one comment has stuck with me since our meeting. She told me "Your Mother should be proud she raised a respectable man, You're not aggressive or combative"

And I don't know if it was a :mjpls: comment or if maybe another student had been arguing with her

It was racist. She wasn’t expecting a black person to speak that way. I’ve had non black people say that to me in situations where I wasn’t even saying anything profound. Just the mere act of using proper grammar was shocking to them.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So basically an educated black man is more likely to face discrimination

Daps
Reppin
All Thats Good Within Thee World
AMEN!!! I'm a junior in college and kind of young and urban looking. Boy, the stories I can tell. I've been the only male in some of my classes and the only BLACK MALE in a majority. It is hard to walk the fine line. I'm naturally laid back, chilling which some people like but, they feel offended at me for not talking and being laid back. I never fraternize with any female because that can turn bad real quick even with the black ones.

I stand out walking through the school due to my style and the amount of purse grabs, pocket pats, and scarred looks I've received from those folks in a building riddled with cameras every corner is disheartening. But I'm tough :stopitslime:.

I just feel like I'm judged more harshly as far as people expecting me to be a sex symbol/ attractive instead of being judged on my intellect. It's amazing to see but, hard to deal with. Then if girls smile and lowkey flirt with me the male professors start treating me differently. The female professors start acting super weird. Luckily a semester is only like 3 months. Any breh in a position like this keep your head up. Don't fall prey. Think with your big head not little head. Defer satisfaction.

invalid

Banned
Daps
source.gif

To me, this dude is the epitome of a jolly country nikka that whistles to himself while walking to work and who waves at every car that passes him by.

You can’t be nothing but happy for his joy.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You know what irks me the most is that they are so surprised we can speak with proper english and vernacular...:what: Like are they so brainwashed and biased to believe we all speak like animals with broken english slang??? :mindblown: shyt is infuriating...

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
I had a period and in my life where I was interviewing for several corporate positions, and the level of racism I face was OFF THE CHARTS.

I actually had a white woman interviewing me tell me “it would help if you spoke more like Barack Obama”:dwillhuh:

This was in Canada too, that’s why I laugh when people say there is no racism in Canada cause these Cacs up here have no idea what to do with a Black man with a “midwestern American” accent:snoop: