Credit Cards > Debit Cards

Daps
What ages are we talking about? A 19 year old with a credit card is definitely not a smarter move than a debit card

You have to have the bank to pay it all off.

You are right to ask, I would definitely would stress the above.

Education is key here, I saw those credit card reps at my college and I kept it pushing cuz I heard debt was bad and saw my peeps with maxing out their card.

Maybe they should get a secured credit card that you have to put money on. They will send you an offer for a real unsecured credit card once you have a good history with them.

With the cash back they could flip that into index fund for retirement.

Last edited:

King Frost

Stay Frosty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North Pole
debit cards curbs your spending because it's your actual money.

can't get into debt with debit card.

they give you software to shut off the card so if it gets stolen it can't be used or spending limits or block online or gas station transactions or geo fencing.

with cc, to get cash back you have to SPEND

cc is one of the reasons why cost of goods increase, that fees the merchant pays to the bank/visa/mc is going back on the cost you pay.

debit cards are the way.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I was mad that I didn’t start doing this earlier. Have been doing credit card only and pay off for the pst 3 years. So many points and miles.

You have to have the bank to pay it all off
This is the things that separates how credit works in different hands. Everybody cannot afford to pay off the whole card at month's end when they use it for every damn thing like the Coli is suggesting.