D.L HUGHLEY On Breakfast Club: "Bill Cosby Hated us on Def Jam"..tried to railroad us."

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
DL Hughley shouldn't even be able to speak the name Bill Cosby.

DL Hughley's resume:

Corniest Comic View host, that was only funny when he roasted random people in the crowd
WOAT member of the Original Kings of Comedy
Given a network television sitcom that failed on one network, and got a second chance on the more "urban" network, only to fail again
He had some CNN show that was fukking awful... literally the worst television I've ever seen. I gotta find a clip of it to show I ain't bullshytting.
Constantly being put in front of cameras, and constantly being unfunny.
Terrible radio show, which is unlistenable.

On some real shyt, I hated Cosby in 2004 when he made the infamous pound cake speech, but the older I've gotten, the more I realize he was right about a lot of that shyt. I don't rock with the respectability politics aspects of his position. However, I do agree with the ideas on parenting, and the hood mentality type shyt. Coli nikkas ain't gone like this post, but it's real. Look at my post history... I go hard on cacs all day, and ride for us. Old heads like Bill Cosby and C. Delores Tucker were trying to look out for our people, but the youth were unfortunately not tryna hear them.

Moody

Faroole ii geeya
Daps
Reppin
Puntland
On Def 25 they talked about this. They even showed the original news clippings of Cosby talking about it. A lot of civil rights leaders had a problem with Def because of the vulgarity of the subject matter. They didn't understand that the crop of comedy would eventually become infamous and gain notoriety.

Bill was all for black people in the spotlight and in the center of the comedy scene. Even DL isn't debating that. He just didn't want THAT comedy to be out there.

Poor Bill. Doesn't realize every single one of those Def cats were innately funnier than he was and will be remembered as being innately funnier than him. He didn't get it at all...

jackson35

Banned
Daps
On Def 25 they talked about this. They even showed the original news clippings of Cosby talking about it. A lot of civil rights leaders had a problem with Def because of the vulgarity of the subject matter. They didn't understand that the crop of comedy would eventually become infamous and gain notoriety.

Bill was all for black people in the spotlight and in the center of the comedy scene. Even DL isn't debating that. He just didn't want THAT comedy to be out there.

Poor Bill. Doesn't realize every single one of those Def cats were innately funnier than he was and will be remembered as being innately funnier than him. He didn't get it at all...
name a comedian that was innately funnier then dr cosby?

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
@yamanbt :mjlol:

So you don't rock with respectability politics, but, you rock with any portion of that speech. A speech that reduced our issues to misbehavior and immorality?? A speech that made judgement that most of our issues were our own personal bullshyt combined with other black people around us?

His entire morality steeze looks like a cover up for his dirt.

Rape or not, he was fukking a lot of women that weren't his wife while telling us to pull our pants up.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

You had something until you went to that bullshyt. EVERY comic on Def comedy jam was funnier than Cosby, EVERY one of them? :usure:

I'll give you maybe 4. And none of them had the impact of Cosby.