D.L HUGHLEY On Breakfast Club: "Bill Cosby Hated us on Def Jam"..tried to railroad us."

Moody

Faroole ii geeya
Daps
Reppin
Puntland
:jbhmm:Bill's hate for Def is weird tho. Did he pull the same shyt on Pryor and Eddie and them?

i dunno im not up on comedy history

That I don't know. Eddie was about as young a comic as you could be, and Delirious came out when he was 22. Maybe Cosby felt it better to attack a larger group than any one individual. I'm sure it would have been strange if he just up and went at a young man. And Pryor already had like a dozen albums out and appeared in God knows how many specials, film roles, and television spots by the 80s.

I don't think Cosby could have said anything even if he wanted to.

That's kind of why his thing with Def is important to highlight. It's easy to spin this as old vs new, rather than stifling a new creative process. Which is what Bill was trying to do.

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all bill complained about was the profanity on def comedy jam and he almost slapped russell simmons at an event, bill told him to fukk off DAMN. the naacp were the ones who went real hard on martin, cosby said there was too much buffoonery on the show and i disagree with him about that.