David Goyer Helming New TV Series Titled ‘Krypton’ on SyFy

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

I was just about to post that.. you beat me to it.

Various versions of Brainiac have been brought to television over the years but the next version is going to be played by British actor Blake Ritson in Syfy's Krypton. As you can see below, this take on the character bears a striking resemblance to his comic book counterpart and when time-traveller Adam Strange arrives on Krypton in the past, he'll have a dire warning about the "Collector of Worlds."

However, because this period of history has never really been covered in the source material, the actor explains that the show provides the teaming working on it with, "something of a blank canvas that has allowed a lot of freedom for the writers to world-build. This is a major expansion of the Superman universe and mythology and the civilization that fostered the greatest hero that ever lived."

"He traverses the universe in a gigantic skull ship, ripping cities out of planets, miniaturizing them and placing them on board. But he does so in the spirit of conservation," Ritson adds. "In his mind, he's committed to the ultimate philanthropic act: saving all of creation. In many ways it's analogous to Noah plucking out two of every animal to ensure their survival, even while knowing that others must perish." That too sounds just like the comic books and it now sounds like he's the show's big bad!

What do you think about this first look at Brainiac? Let us know your thoughts down below.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Still don't know how to feel about this.

On one hand,the concept of making shows in a super hero's world not about the hero is :francis:

On the other hsnd,it's dumb to dismiss something entirely:yeshrug:

I'll give it a shot based off the strength off how good the krypton opening in man of steel is. Difference is what made that sequence so good was zack Snyder :patrice:

Outside of maybe 1 arc Gotham has been trash to me

mr x

Superstar
Daps
I guess there's two threads cause I posted in one and this ain't it.

Anyways..i'm in.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
The show premieres tonight, so far reviews have been mixed :patrice:

I have it set on my DVR, might save for the weekend.