David Goyer Helming New TV Series Titled ‘Krypton’ on SyFy

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
krypton-bar-640.jpg

http://www.superherohype.com/news/324293-syfys-krypton-series-to-follow-supermans-grandfather

DC Comics’ hold on television properties continues to expand today with the announcement that Syfy is moving forward with “Krypton,” a new television series that will explore the history of Superman’s ill-fated birth planet.

Hailing from DC Comics and Warner Horizon Television, “Krypton” will follow Kal-El’s grandfather with the following official description:

Years before the Superman legend we know, the House of El was shamed and ostracized. This series follows The Man of Steel’s grandfather as he brings hope and equality to Krypton, turning a planet in disarray into one worthy of giving birth to the greatest Super Hero ever known.

The idea for “Krypton” originated with The Dark Knight scribe David S. Goyer and Ian Goldberg (“Once Upon a Time”). Goldberg is set to draft the pilot with Goyer attached to executive produce.

In the late 1980′s, John Byrne scripted a comic book miniseries called “The World of Krypton”. It introduced a version of Kal-El’s paternal grandfather named Seyg-El (named for Superman co-creator Jerry Siegel). There’s no word yet on whether or not the new series will keep that name, however.

“Krypton” joins a rapidly expanding slate of DC Comics properties which already includes The CW’s “Arrow” and “The Flash,” FOX’s “Gotham” and NBC’s “Constantine”. En route to CBS is “Supergirl” with TNT developing the “Teen Titans” inspired “Titans”.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This sounds like one of Rich Johnston's patented "My site needs clicks" stories that he yanked out of his ass and is not based on anything approaching reality.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
How is Constantine anyway? I'm a big fan of the character but I don't really trust these network shows (except Hannibal)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
This sounds like one of Rich Johnston's patented "My site needs clicks" stories that he yanked out of his ass and is not based on anything approaching reality.
Nah Rich called the Supergirl stuff days before the major hollywood sites broke it. He bullshytssometimes but he gets things right too.

As a Superman fan even I don't care to see this

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah Rich called the Supergirl stuff days before the major hollywood sites broke it. He bullshytssometimes but he gets things right too.

As a Superman fan even I don't care to see this
Supergirl I have no interest in but if this is done like the beginning of Man of Steel, I'd love to see it. Once I saw that, my mind was made up that there should be a prequel that focuses on Krypton.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Who gives a fukk? We already know how the shyt ends. Hell we saw it in the first 15 minutes of MOS. This will be another useless show like Gotham.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
I absolutely fukking hate this. Why is it so difficult to create a Batman or a Superman show? shyt Smallville wasn't that bad. Nobody gives a FLYING fukk about Krypton. This is really frustrating now. At least Flash and Arrow have respectable shows....this shyt has to stop, spin off shows are horrible ideas.