satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

"
Krypton TV Series Will Focus on Superman's Grandfather

The rumored Krypton TV series is real, with Syfy announcing they are developing the project from David Goyer.

8 DEC 2014 BY ERIC GOLDMAN

The legend of Superman is about to grow as Syfy and Warner Horizon Television are developing Krypton, a new one-hour drama series. The project was rumored as a possibility a couple of months ago and Syfy confirms David S. Goyer (Constantine, Da Vinci's Demons, Man of Steel, The Dark Knight trilogy, upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice) and Ian Goldberg (Once Upon a Time, FlashForward) are the ones executive producing the DC Comics offshoot.

KryptonLogo-12801-720x405.jpg

Krypton will focus on Superman’s grandfather, the father of Jor-El, and is set quite awhile before the planet explodes.

Per the official series description, “Years before the Superman legend we know, the House of El was shamed and ostracized. This series follows The Man of Steel's grandfather as he brings hope and equality to Krypton, turning a planet in disarray into one worthy of giving birth to the greatest Super Hero ever known.”

Goldberg is writing the pilot teleplay, based on a story conceived by Goyer & Goldberg.

Krypton would join a bevy of DC Comics series already on the air, across multiple networks, with more on the way. CBS is the home to another upcoming Superman-related series, Supergirl, which is now searching for a lead actress. Meanwhile, Titans is in development at TNT and a pilot could be filming next year according to DC's Geoff Johns.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/09/syfy-developing-krypton-tv-series-from-david-goyer
"

@bythepowercosmic You might wanna update the thread title & OP.

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
i hope this stupid shyt fukking flops jesus.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
The fact that it's on SyFy doesn't excite me. That and I know how it ends.

Titans got the greenlight and shooting next year though :gladbron:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
If Syfy is really looking to make more complicated shows like Battlestar Galactica (which a press release from a short time back claims the higher ups want) then I could see this show possibly being decent. As long as it focuses on Kryptonian civil unrest, political intrigue and conflict with neighboring alien races.

But I am more shocked that Rich Jonson was actually right about something.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
this has even less potential than gotham did. at least gotham featured characters we know and love and are familiar with.

whereas with krypton the only thing linking it to superman is the name. it's just too far removed from the story and characters people care about as superman fans.

but hey i have been wrong before. as with gotham i will at least try and watch the first episode.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I absolutely fukking hate this. Why is it so difficult to create a Batman or a Superman show? shyt Smallville wasn't that bad. Nobody gives a FLYING fukk about Krypton. This is really frustrating now. At least Flash and Arrow have respectable shows....this shyt has to stop, spin off shows are horrible ideas.

I am personally SICK & TIRED of another Batman film or show or another Superman show!! Been there, DONE THAT.... there's NEVER been a story on the history of Krypton, and the first 15 minute of MoS while ON Krypton was one of the BEST parts of the film. I, myself, WANT to see this world and culture and precisely HOW all of this led for the planet to explode... Which is little known. Some people would WANT a backstory for things like this. Why you think PREQUELS are made in general?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I am personally SICK & TIRED of another Batman film or show or another Superman show!! Been there, DONE THAT.... there's NEVER been a story on the history of Krypton, and the first 15 minute of MoS while ON Krypton was one of the BEST parts of the film. I, myself, WANT to see this world and culture and precisely HOW all of this led for the planet to explode... Which is little known. Some people would WANT a backstory for things like this. Why you think PREQUELS are made in general?

right... and how often do those turn out to be any good.

some things are better served as BACK STORY, not story.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
right... and how often do those turn out to be any good.

some things are better served as BACK STORY, not story.

As I stated before, the BEST part of MoS was the first 15 minute while in Krypton. That whole world was something that should of been a movie by itself.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989

Superman has been around for more than 75 years. If you don't know the backstory of Krypton then I don't know what to tell you. But since you saw MOS then you know what is going to happen to Krypton..lol And let me tell you, that is the only interesting thing that really happened to it. These prequels are pure crap and it's a money grab. With it being on Syfy we may be in for a treat or it could be complete crap who knows. But prequels always fukking suck no matter what part of the story they tell because the main draw is the main character. Nobody gives a fukk about Superman's blown up homeplanet, we want Superman. It's continuing a trend of telling these character's story without really telling their story. Backstory crap. Who cares that the House of El and the House of Zod were having conflict for generations! Nobody on Krypton had powers. Boring. They can introduce pre-Brainac, the Phantom Zone, the night Superman was conceived, but it's all boring stuff unless they take some creative liberties and take a character and move him to a solar system with a yellow sun. Other than...this just as wack as Gotham. It's lazy for the networks and insulting to those who actually care. So we have a Krypton, Gotham, let me guess what is next, Themiscyra on the Lifetime Channel!