Democrats just gave Trump a huge win! USMCA! NAFTA 2.0!

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
And that moved people to vote against Hilary and move to Trump?

I’m not seeing the connection here. I understand that free trade deals aren’t a boom to Midwestern manufacturing but I fail to see how this is going to majorly impact any Democratic election battles going forward.

Message it as a way to show cooperation and move on.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

I’m not seeing the connection here. I understand that free trade deals aren’t a boom to Midwestern manufacturing but I fail to see how this is going to majorly impact any Democratic election battles going forward.

Yeah, Trump said he was going to renegotiate those deals.
Cooperation to lower people's wages as trade deals do isn't an appealing message.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Full retard. If USMCA works, Trump will be declared a genius and Dems will be trashed for doubting his vision.

If it fails to work, Dems will be blamed for its failure by delaying it.

In both cases, Dems look like weak pushovers. Reps will never give them an inch.
:snoop:
It won’t work in a year

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
i was pissed of when i said that i dont like bernie but he is obviously better than any GOP candidate its just some of his supporters im against. Pelosi should be called out for this corporate bs , just how stupid are they? trump is already calling it a huge win and trust fox and the right to parrot is as a huge accomplishment
:stopitslime: Man get your ass out of here.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

NAFTA was ratified by a Dem Congress and a Dem POTUS

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Are they really this stupid or is all the Trump outrage fake? Gotta be one of the two. :francis:
And think the GOP blocked Obama on stuff that is benign in contrast.
Uh, yeah. I mean I'm not doubting the sincerity of everyone but these folks who've been in congress for a long time and/or moderate Democrats don't have as much beef with Trump as they project. I mean if you're in one of these blue districts and or states that are impossible for you lose and you've long lost the idealism that you're going to make a difference and willing to abandon it in favor going along to get along path of least resistance, why would you actually care who the president is. It can be anyone really because your political future is secure. If there is someone who is contrary to the ideals of your district thats even better because now you can use that to increase your support out of defiance of the other sides.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yeah, Trump said he was going to renegotiate those deals.
Cooperation to lower people's wages as trade deals do isn't an appealing message.
USMCA is still an open trade deal that doesn't benefit the midwest though. I don't see the big deal here.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
It won’t work in a year
That will be enough. The markets will respond favorably to it, and Trump and co will parade that around as a win and say, "this could have happened a year ago, if not for those dastardly dems!" They would have gotten the same reaction had they stonewalled, but they would look strong.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
That will be enough. The markets will respond favorably to it, and Trump and co will parade that around as a win and say, "this could have happened a year ago, if not for those dastardly dems!" They would have gotten the same reaction had they stonewalled, but they would look strong.
I feel what you are saying but the markets are already strong.

By the standard metrics, the economy is doing well. And Americans don’t have a class mentality to see that they are actually suffering.