Did Marvel Drop The Ball On Black Panther ?

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
-The movie made billions ( still doing numbers )but he was barely in the last avenger movies.

-Rumors of the actor getting replace by his sister.

-Marvel making Captain Marvel the face of the 2020 MCU

- the new Black Panther books seem more about side characters

Seeing Sony going all out with miles morales from Spiderverse and being the face of ps5 games make me wonder did Marvel drop the ball

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
They missed out on additional cash making opportunities for the character during this (4 year?) hiatus.
should have been one of the faces of the new avengers game, one of the faces of the recent avengers movies, and should have released a sequel already and working on a third movie in 2021 instead what we got. but hey hype doesn't always go away. there was like 15 years between starwars movies at one point and people still were waiting in line day 1 for the prequels.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I think this thread dropped the ball.
8Ce2Afj.png

Daps
Your correct OP

Marvel doesn't like Tchalla which should be obvious by now, dude gets push to the side in his intro, in the book, the movie, and the tv/web show. They want black panther to be a feminism thing which was also obvious, Tchalla is the only normal black male with no agendas in the entire Black Panther franchise(mbaku is the big scary black man stereotype).

Remove Tchalla and everyone else is a black women. The only other black male is biracial with a white dad which destroys the whole concept of black panther...lets find a way to force a white man in the all black nation:scust:

Okoye is redundant as Tchalla can already fight, She is there to reduce Tchalla's image as a fighter - (Storm could have her spot)
Shuri is redundant as Tchalla was already a genius, She is there to reduce Tchalla's intelligence - (Nakia could have her spot)

What is left for Tchalla?

They were both created to stealth nerf T'challa

Nakia is good and so is Storm. Nakia and Storm as a team works as well.

Okoye + Shuri is just Tchalla...:aicmon: nikka Nerds still ain't figure that out :deadmanny:

What your dealing with above is simple c00n behavior. These nikkas get one black hero movie and act like that's it we don't need no more black male hero's we want villains..... There are zero black female villains though Amanda Waller is not a villain.

The majority of black male characters are already villains(that's the joke)....the others are side kicks. They just not in super hero movies.

They only want to see Black men as toxic people. Complain about black male toxicity yet that's the only black male they create:camby:

These are the nikkas that fukked up black communities by corrupting the minds of black children who would later grew up to terrorize the neighborhood.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I can't speak for the comics, but I don't think Marvel dropped the ball, but I don't think they thought it was going to do the numbers it did and as such they made Captain Marvel the face of the future of Marvel. I think the Black Panther universe was only to be supplementary to the greater Marvel universe, IE, to have plot elements that movie the greater story forward. Vibranium comes from Wakanda, apparently Doom is going to make an appearance in part 2, etc. I feel like Black Panther was to in effect, be like a side kick, like Hollywood always tends to relegate black people to.

They dropped the ball with that final fight scene :hhh:

True, this is exactly why Black Panther isn't a top 5 MCU movie for me. That last battle and fight to me were abhorrent.

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
BP was giving Iron Man the BUSINESS in Avengers Assemble!

had Tony frustrated as a fukk!

shyt was hilarious!
:russ:

Coates' Intergalactic Wakanda book is actually starting to grow on me.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The next BP film will do just as crazy #s at the box office. You saw how black ppl lined up to support the 1st one, with all this BS goin on today it’s inevitable what that next 1 gon do

I think they’re smart not to fast track the sequel. This gives them to opportunity to add Storm now if they want since they have the rights plus they can add some more notable black actors to the original cast