Did Marvel Drop The Ball On Black Panther ?

parallax

Superstar
Daps
It was a dumb rumor started by cac incels who hate anything remotely feminist and make 20 min long YouTube videos everyday about it. Then people just started believing it for some reason :snoop:

i dont know. giving carol superman like origins outta knowhere makes me curious as to why

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
-The movie made billions ( still doing numbers )but he was barely in the last avenger movies.

-Rumors of the actor getting replace by his sister.

-Marvel making Captain Marvel the face of the 2020 MCU

- the new Black Panther books seem more about side characters

Seeing Sony going all out with miles morales from Spiderverse and being the face of ps5 games make me wonder did Marvel drop the ball

Regarding end game...Tchalla was dusted...how much screen time was he going to get? And before you say "why they gotta dust BP?" Obviously his dusting and The black order in Wakanda is going to payoff in BP2

I dont buy Shuri replacing TChalla UNLESS Chadwick doesn't resign with Marvel ( and in that case- that maybe the back up plan) I cant see him not signing as long as the money is right

Captain Marvel is not THE face- where did you get that from?

There was a BP thread months ago addressing this same idea- remember Marvel was dead set on Cougler doing BP2- he only signed a one movie deal...they had to renegotiate his contract to do BP2 and then he had to turn in script ideas- this took a while to happen. If I am not mistaken the first script was just turned in this past January.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Oh I meant the movies and her being the face the MCU, not the comics.

they changed them soon after her movie. so im guessing a lot of it is gonna get transferred

its gonna get real weird when they start calling her car-ell or her half sister shows up

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It was a dumb rumor started by cac incels who hate anything remotely feminist and make 20 min long YouTube videos everyday about it. Then people just started believing it for some reason :snoop:

This is part of a larger problem: the comic book breh community in the coli is a rare exception; the majority of comic book outlets are housed majority by cacs, and comic book news media is largely ran by cacs.

And these cacs don't read black panther, so much of the "rumored news" are inherently illogical guesswork based on vague cliff-notes they wiki'd about the character.

i.e. How is Shuri going to replace T'Challa, when the first movie had T'Challa's mother begging Nakia to become the next Black Panther after T'Challa "died"? And then offering the title to M'Baku?

i.e. Why is Storm going to be in BP2 when the first movie established Nakia as the childhood love interest and future queen if T'Challa has his way?

For as many times as ppl watched this movie, it's like nyggas cacs didn't pay attention to what Coogler actually setup in the movie

parallax

Superstar
Daps
This is part of a larger problem: the comic book breh community in the coli is a rare exception; the majority of comic book outlets are housed majority by cacs, and comic book news media is largely ran by cacs.

And these cacs don't read black panther, so much of the "rumored news" are inherently illogical guesswork based on vague cliff-notes they wiki'd about the character.

i.e. How is Shuri going to replace T'Challa, when the first movie had T'Challa's mother begging Nakia to become the next Black Panther after T'Challa "died"? And then offering the title to M'Baku?

i.e. Why is Storm going to be in BP2 when the first movie established Nakia as the childhood love interest and future queen if T'Challa has his way?

For as many times as ppl watched this movie, it's like nyggas cacs didn't pay attention to what Coogler setup in the movie

its a lot of black people pushing storm in bp too. we just had a thread with whatshername trying to get the role

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
its a lot of black people pushing storm in bp too. we just had a thread with whatshername trying to get the role
One actress said she'd like to play storm in the MCU, whether that's in BP or elsewhere...

Yet look how the cosmicnews cac media been spinning "Storm in BP" for months before that? And yall nyggas eat it up :mjlol:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
One actress said she'd like to play storm in the MCU, whether that's in BP or elsewhere...

Yet look how the cosmicnews cac media been spinning "Storm in BP" for months before that? And yall nyggas eat it up :mjlol:

not me, storm being introduced in bp doesnt do anything but devalue the character. as much as coogler seemed to try to turn shuri into the cute quirky sidekick with tchallas intelligence instead of the a$$holeish character she usually is, he wouldnt go that far

How come there aren't any rumors about the fate of Okoye and W'Kabi?

Oh that's right, bc those who pull rumors out they ass don't know anything about those obscure characters :mjgrin:

But Storm, Namor, and Dr. Doom tho... :wow:

yep. and ive been speaking on that too. namor as a phase two bp villain? doom as everyones antagonist with the 4 nowhere to be seen?

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
This was the most hyped Marvel movie at one point what a ridiculous thread

As far as flaws go I think they undersold the technological capabilities of Wakanda, gave Michael B Jordan way too much screen time, and muted T'Challa compared to how he was in Civil War, and dumbass Daniel Kaluya character flipped on his man for no good reason :mjtf:

M'Baku was the coldest dude in the whole movie though :banderas:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I can't speak for the comics, but I don't think Marvel dropped the ball, but I don't think they thought it was going to do the numbers it did and as such they made Captain Marvel the face of the future of Marvel. I think the Black Panther universe was only to be supplementary to the greater Marvel universe, IE, to have plot elements that movie the greater story forward. Vibranium comes from Wakanda, apparently Doom is going to make an appearance in part 2, etc. I feel like Black Panther was to in effect, be like a side kick, like Hollywood always tends to relegate black people to..

I think Captain Marvel being both an Earth and galactic character gives her more story potential to add to the MCU ie money. She’s already getting Ms Marvel under her banner.

The same way Hulk is such a well known character but X-men can spinoff 100 characters to exploit.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I think Captain Marvel being both an Earth and galactic character gives her more story potential to add to the MCU ie money. She’s already getting Ms Marvel under her banner.

The same way Hulk is such a well known character but X-men can spinoff 100 characters to exploit.

I mean Marvel has to go Galactic. They made her too damn powerful to be stopped by anyone else.