Did TLC murder Prince on his own shyt?

...o3

...eye see messages in music
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dallas, tx
tenor.gif

...how in the hell do you fix your lips to utter the words, "did tlc murder prince on his own s**t"? if you were alive then or even understood prince's level of creativity being put into that song, you wouldn't ask this question.

compose a song of you saying to your girl that she doesn't include you in on the stuff that makes her, her. be a grown ass man and tell her you want to be everything to her, but she limits you to just a lover and not a friend. say s**t like, "if i were your gf would you let me wash your hair?...could we just hang out, could we go to a movie and cry together", damn woman?

and on top of that, dude did the song as his camille alter-ego (a distortion of his vocals by speeding up the playback so he sounds like a soulful chipmunk)

have a track you did be considered innovative and legendary, some years later allow your song to be song by tlc, and have a young buck (obviously born in the 90s or early 2000s ask if your song was done better by the group covering the song, bruhs

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Fun fact to add a layer to this.....

Prince popped up on Chilli one day, invited her into his limo, had the driver ride around while he smashed her, and then dropped her back off at her crib and kept it moving without even a phone call afterwards.

Treated her like a nothing ass thot and she loved it.

giphy.gif
Everyone in that era says Chilli was a thot :russ:. I heard that Left Eye had a falling out with her because of the "things" that Chilli did at Death Row to keep TLC together:mjpls:

JJ Evans

All Star
Daps
Everyone in that era says Chilli was a thot :russ:. I heard that Left Eye had a falling out with her because of the "things" that Chilli did at Death Row to keep TLC together:mjpls:
What happened with the Left Eye situation? :popcorn:

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
What happened with the Left Eye situation? :popcorn:
Apparently Left Eye was not happy with TLC and was thinking about going solo in the early 2000s. This was after the whole "challenge" drama lol
TLC's Left Eye Challenges T-Boz, Chili To Solo Album Showdown
She signed with Death Row and had a relationship with Suge on the low
Left Eye Signs With Suge Knight's Tha Row
Some where in between this their were rumors that Chilli was giving lap dances to the squad over at death row in an attempt to bring Lisa back. Other rumors say she even let Suge smash in front of the crew :damn:!! Suge even called her out on her thot behaviors
Suge Knight Quotables
“Everyone in the Industry fukked Chilli, She gets on her knees more than a nun in church”:dead:

Some people say thats why Chilli and Lisa were not on speaking terms before her death. TLC made great music but the behind the scenes fukkery must have been something else:heh:

And remember this is all alleged :whoa:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tenor.gif

...how in the hell do you fix your lips to utter the words, "did tlc murder prince on his own s**t"? if you were alive then or even understood prince's level of creativity being put into that song, you wouldn't ask this question.

compose a song of you saying to your girl that she doesn't include you in on the stuff that makes her, her. be a grown ass man and tell her you want to be everything to her, but she limits you to just a lover and not a friend. say s**t like, "if i were your gf would you let me wash your hair?...could we just hang out, could we go to a movie and cry together", damn woman?

and on top of that, dude did the song as his camille alter-ego (a distortion of his vocals by speeding up the playback so he sounds like a soulful chipmunk)

have a track you did be considered innovative and legendary, some years later allow your song to be song by tlc, and have a young buck (obviously born in the 90s or early 2000s ask if your song was done better by the group covering the song, bruhs

Pretty much. I like the TLC cover but having women sing the same lyrics completely misses the point of the original. Changes it from a commentary on what intimacy in a relationship actually means to your standard "I want you to be my man" R&B joint. If I Was Your Girlfriend is my favorite track off Sign Of the Times and a top 10 song in his catalog imo.