Discussing racism with non blacks

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I appreciate the responses. Some of y'all in here ain't living in reality, I just wanted to clear up a few things. 4 of the people in this group are white, the majority of the group was Asian. I got black friends that are not apart of this group, I ended up having the zoom call yesterday for about 3 hours and it went better than I expected. I'm not naive I know that this might not result in anything, but I believe in education and some people aren't aware of some of these issues. What surprised me was how many people were emotional and cried, this group is split between men and women but the person who seemed to harbor the most pain was the biracial black male who was the most distraught.

LostOne

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I appreciate the responses. Some of y'all in here ain't living in reality, I just wanted to clear up a few things. 4 of the people in this group are white, the majority of the group was Asian. I got black friends that are not apart of this group, I ended up having the zoom call yesterday for about 3 hours and it went better than I expected. I'm not naive I know that this might not result in anything, but I believe in education and some people aren't aware of some of these issues. What surprised me was how many people were emotional and cried, this group is split between men and women but the person who seemed to harbor the most pain was the biracial black male who was the most distraught.

Agreed. I feel like now is the best time to talk about it because atleast they’ll listen.
Everything from there is on them. Ultimately God will hold everyone accountable.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
You should do a thread and teach those who need to know how to do this ... like a manual to confront racists intelligently.
It’s hard to operationalize it. It depends on what type of non-Blk you dealing with.

The Denier/Isolationists-“This was just an isolated incident.” “Most whites aren’t like that!” “Our systems aren’t racist!”
These are the whites who literally have seen a history of 400 years of oppression of Blks but still don’t want to admit to any wrongdoing.
  • Solutions: Fact check them to oblivion. Statistics on racism, discrimination, school-to-prison pipeline, racism in healthcare industry. And then let them know that denying this pattern of systemic oppression indicates cowardice or stupidity.

The Adjacent White- Non-whites who adopt white supremacist talking points against blacks to try and align themselves with white success.
“Me no blk papi!” “Model minority!”
  • Solution: Bring up their ethnicities conflicts with whites in the past and directly call out their attempts to ingratiate themselves with white supremacists as what it is: trying to use the blk struggle to set themselves apart as better and different. Point out that whites don’t care and will call them gooks, wetbacks, ect once they’ve done white supremacists dirty work for them.

The Victim-“Blacks will tear this country apart if they don’t get under control! What about the businesses being looted!” “All Lives Matter” “The white male is being attacked!”
  • Solution: This is easy. Just point out that the denial of the harmful effects of racism is what got us here. Also satire is great too because white victims is such a laughable position. It’s easy to make them look fukking absurd.

The Aint I An “Ally“- “I’m protesting and writing very firm messages on social media, but some blks still seem ANGRY at me! I’m ur ally! What else do you want from me?!”
These fake wokers want to be thanked and worshiped for doing shyt they should be doing anyway.
  • Solution: Acknowledge the effort but remind them its only a small beginning. List other ways to demonstrate support like voting, turning away from racists, boycotting racist businesses, ect. Also let them know blks have the right to be suspicious because symbolic solidarity hasn’t always equated to real change in the past. Our trust has to be earned through tireless action against the evil that plagues our community.

The Conservative- These are secretly my favorite b/c it’s so easy to point to how racist conservative “values” have literally fukked up the country and actually cost more in the long run.
  • Solutions: I have entire posts linking “conservative” fiscal policies to economic decimation in the community. Or just point out to how it’s led to HUGE wealth disparities, roll back of civil rights, environmental issues in poor and blk communities and huge costs to taxpayer dollars. The list goes on and on and on.

The Joker-“Why are the blacks so sensitive? It’s just jokes! I gotta walk around on eggshells around them.”
These types want to hide their racism behind the guise of joking.
  • Solution: Call them on their bullshyt. Tell them they are actually uncomfortable around blks and use offensive jokes to reduce their own anxiety and racial relations. Let them know that whites do this but are also highly sensitive and unable to take racial jokes about themselves such as looking like lipless monkeys, always stealing from others, fukking animals and children...ect, aging like spoiled milk, having to put their dikks in bear traps to get off b/c they suck at fukking...ect.

The Kanye Westerners-“I mean some blks get it! Even Kanye West agrees with me!”
These whites rely on the presence of self-haters in our community to justify their own racism.
  • Solution: Tell them what a self-hater is and the psychology behind it. Then point out hundreds of thousands of others who do support and acknowledge the reality of racism as a social evil.

The Black Racists-“Something something, bootstraps” “PAWG!” “Zaddy!” “ What about blk-on-Blk crime!” “I don’t wanna live in Blk neighborhoods!”
  • Solution: Treat them like white people b:c at this point they are white.

The Co-Opters-“Yeah Blk lives matter! Trans rights! LGBTQ! BOSNIAN CONFLICT!”
These types want to piggyback off the blk struggle to leverage our fight for their own interests.
  • Solutions: Let them know that we have nothing against any of groups, but we want to focus on our issues b/c in the past our struggle was obscured for the interests of others.

All of these are the small fries. I deal with the final bosses everyday:
White Racists in Higher Education

:wow: They come prepared with regression models, revisionist histories, all types of shyt because they are the gatekeepers and researchers of the racist ideas that undergird our system.
They are the reason my research skills stay sharp. I’ll pull a study out of my ass from nowhere. Dismantling stats, questioning sample sizes, you have to bust those a$$holes down to the white meat. But bottom line is, you aren’t going to change them. When I debate anybody, it’s for ME and the sweet satisfaction I get from hearing truth put into words and watching dummies falter in the face of it. If you do it, don’t do it for them. Do it for yourself.:ahh:

And sometimes you can reach a breaking point with them and that’s ALWAYS fun to watch.:salute:Have fun and be safe. I’ve lost jobs and gotten blacklisted for speaking truth to power but...it was worth it...:wow:

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
An exercise in futility. There's a 99% chance that these non blacks would throw your black ass under the bus for white acceptance and/or benefits.

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
@Dreamchaser i’ll tell you this once as you seem sincere and this will be the best advice you’ll ever hear:

it’s as much as your responsibility to educate non-blacks about racism as it is their responsibility to teach you about blackness.

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I just wanted to provide an update, we had another conversation yesterday, we made a google sheet last week with resources on black business and organizations to support. We also put literature and films on the list to better education people on the black experience. I was asked what organizations could they volunteer with where they could work with students of color, I mentioned NSBE,100 Black Men and Code 2040. Anyone know any other groups that work with education that might be in the Bay Area or Los Angeles?