Discussing racism with non blacks

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
What's going on everyone, first and foremost rest in heaven to George Floyd and thoughts and prayers to his family. As a black man who has dealt with these inequalities since elementary school, this shyt needs to change I'm tired of watching this shyt on TV and having to protest for my basic rights. That being said I got a diverse group of friends that I acquired in college and I'm the only African American within this friend group. Someone within this group wanted to have a Zoom discussion about the death of George Floyd and the initial protest that followed. I've never really disused racism with this group, I'm wondering how people here talk to non blacks about race and inequalities?

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Having a dialogue is good and can be therapeutic for you to get shyt off your chest and have your friends gain a better perspective and understanding of the true scope of the problem. The Hoteps here will say it’s a waste of time but we need to relearn how to talk to each other about everything these days, knowledge of a situation will only help not hurt what’s present.

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Be mindful of things like deflection. If they start insinuating that you're not "being logical", "too emotional", "angry" etc. Just dead the conversation. If they start being obtuse dead the conversation. If they minimize your personal experience dead the conversation. If they really want to talk then there should be no filters. Especially if they are your friends