Discussing racism with non blacks

Jorvan

All Star
Daps
Non-blacks rarely want to have a real discussion on racism. They can talk about surface level stuff but if you begin digging through the layers and really get to the root of the problem, they'll quickly bow out and start with the BS talking points. Don't waste your time.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I :snoop: @ all the times I tried discussing this issue with them.

It's best to let them learn on their own (if they ever learn at all).
More like fukk em.

We're not here to be teachers and its not our place to teach these non blacks to respect black people and treat us like humans. They have to decide to do that on their own.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Non-blacks rarely want to have a real discussion on racism. They can talk about surface level stuff but if you begin digging through the layers and really get to the root of the problem, they'll quickly bow out and start with the BS talking points. Don't waste your time.
Or theyll just reveal themselves to be racist in the process as you try to explain to them why racism is wrong.

I've had that happened to me which is why I dont really fukk with white people like that anymore.

Daps
giphy.gif

mykey

Superstar
Daps
What's going on everyone, first and foremost rest in heaven to George Floyd and thoughts and prayers to his family. As a black man who has dealt with these inequalities since elementary school, this shyt needs to change I'm tired of watching this shyt on TV and having to protest for my basic rights. That being said I got a diverse group of friends that I acquired in college and I'm the only African American within this friend group. Someone within this group wanted to have a Zoom discussion about the death of George Floyd and the initial protest that followed. I've never really disused racism with this group, I'm wondering how people here talk to non blacks about race and inequalities?
For your own peace of mind don't do it.

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
Typical CAC deflections:

“I’m a redhead/ginger and I face discrimination too, you don’t see me complain about it.”

“I’ve never seen this racism you’ve spoken of, therefor it can’t exist from my white privileged position.”

“Why can’t black people let go? Slavery was over 400 years ago. My parents came from [insert European country] in the 1900s with no help or hand outs and made it, why can’t you?”

“It’s crazy, black people can complain about racism but I’m not allowed to even say the n-word. How can you even say that’s equality?”

“Why do black people get upset when I tell them they look like Obama? I get compared to other white people all the time.”

b_priest9mm

A work in progress...
Daps
Typical CAC deflections:

“I’m a redhead/ginger and I face discrimination too, you don’t see me complain about it.”

“I’ve never seen this racism you’ve spoken of, therefor it can’t exist from my white privileged position.”

“Why can’t black people let go? Slavery was over 400 years ago. My parents came from [insert European country] in the 1900s with no help or hand outs and made it, why can’t you?”

“It’s crazy, black people can complain about racism I’m not allowed to even say the n-word. How can you even say that’s equality?”

“Why do black people get upset when I tell them they look like Obama? I get compared to other white people all the time.”

White people behaving like this expected. They INVENTED the concept of race and racism after all. I'd be disappointed if they didn't resort to tactics such as the ones you listed out.

It's when the other groups use these tactics that get on my nerves honestly.

I'm like, "you know you're not white, right? :patrice:"