Do we agree on Kendrick got classics?

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People don't like to admit it but yeah at least 2 "classics" that will stand The rest of time

Triangularbirds

All Star
Daps
The point is Kendrick dominates NOTHING and good songs make good albums. Kendrick has SO CALLED GOOD ALBUMS but not the songs to back that claim up. Cause it's false claim
ok, I'm done debating with you, you can't differentiate music quality and popularity. And your "good songs make good albums" statement is pretty much like saying "good sentences make good books", how can you be stupid enough to have that narrow of a vision on albums. :what:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Section 80/GKMC/To Pimp My Butterfly; modern day classics:lawd:

...but it's crazy that I still think Section 80>>>:wow:

Just a testament to King Kunta's reign/range:whew:

Randoug

Superstar
Daps
Notice the only nikkas hating are these Canadian fakkit Drake stans

Sirbytchalot still tryna prop his man Crush Asap album to classic status :scust:

fakkit ass nikkas :mjlol::pacspit:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
ok, I'm done debating with you, you can't differentiate music quality and popularity. And your "good songs make good albums" statement is pretty much like saying "good sentences make good books", how can you be stupid enough to have that narrow of a vision on albums. :what:
Well quality is subjective. Personally i think drake is better skill wise,flow wise and just overall song quality. Kendrick's + is that he's not just a bragging type,he actually tries to go in on different subjects. And i'd typically give major points for this. HOWEVER kendrick does a below average job when it comes to "saying something". Most of his songs sound corny or contrived and are lyrically and vocally ineffective and non sincere. He wants to be viewed as a pac,nas,face,cube,krs etc (people whom were known for being creative and having depth of feelings and viewpoints in their rhymes) but his shyt just sounds flat,corny and forced.

Drake's has limited subject matter but actually drives his points home better than kendrick,while showing great flows , hooks and just overall great song making ability.
You could disagree and we can go back and forth forever.
That's why i bring up who's really got shyt moving out here because that CANT BE DEBATED. Drake running this shyt quite easily

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Actually i'm on point and you're not. A better analogy to equate to mind would be GOOD CHAPTERS MAKE GOOD BOOKS,which is just as true as GOOD SONGS MAKE GOOD ALBUMS

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
what the fukk even is a classic at this point :dead:

any good to great album is a classic right now

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
implying classic albums ever meant anything
"classic" has a set definition. and classics are used to refer to a person looking to get into a particular genre of something. they are used as standards that define a genre. without them the particular field would not be the same

just because dumb people devolve something doesn't mean it never meant anything

BluntTrauma

Professional punani eater
Supporter
Daps
Way to early to determine if he's got classics. Give it 10 years to decide

YDB

Rookie
Daps
"classic" has a set definition. and classics are used to refer to a person looking to get into a particular genre of something. they are used as standards that define a genre. without them the particular field would not be the same

just because dumb people devolve something doesn't mean it never meant anything

Nobody irl talks about classics, and most classic albums are worse than the ones not considered classic

it's just a term made up by forum nerds who are insecure about their music tastes and need to have others validate it by labelling it with some sort of objectivity.