Donald Glover Confirms Malia Obama in Writers’ Room of New Show: ‘Her Writing Style Is Great’

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I just look at like with anything…. Everyone who has access or paper and a pin kinda jump into it and can call themselves “a Hollywood writer.” Now maybe the top ones that fairly successfully make it are from the IVY league but the majority of the ones in the pool from the field are not.

Like I know a lot of people that are Hollywood writers that didn’t go to IL schools but still are active and kinda waiting on their big breaks

I said Ivy league but it’s really elite schools. Those fags at Harvard that wrote for the national lampoon had a direct line to SNL.

wild to me
whatever project they were writing on being scrapped would be :damn:

she had to get through 30 minutes of jaden telling her his ideas and she still wrote with him. You already know she gonna be trash just off that. Bum ass jaden :mjlol:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m sorry….. I find this hard to believe

Let’s saying there are 1000 Hollywood writers out there (and I’m sure it’s 100x that amount)

I just can’t believe that 900 of them went to Ivy League schools :russ:
I’m confused as why that would be hard to believe. :dwillhuh:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember reading on IG that her and jaden smith were writing for something like 13 hours straight

had me thinking 'tf you writing for for 13 hours:wtf:'
Nah. As someone who writes all of the time, that’s (relatively) normal shyt.

Same way rappers record albums for days on end. Or Beyoncé or Mariah would work her stage routine to the point they would often forget to eat. When you have a creative passion like that you just get lost in time.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
You mean that show that had nikkas talkin like slaves

“money be green”

:russ:
There be some corny nikkas ouchea.
you-come-at-the-king-you-best-not-miss.png

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
no it’s the same bullshyt nepotism. Race is just a smoke screen for the real class warfare in America. Most the Hollywood writers are from the ivy leagues, you damn near got zero shot if you don’t come from there. This is the same old story.
She's probably more of an advisory writer role than actually fleshing out plots and writing episodes. Just like there's an actual or former police officer in the writing room of a cop show, an actual lawyer for courtroom dramas, and an actual doctor on board for ER-Hospital type shows. Having her on board for this project makes sense