Drake has never had a single chart higher than Desiigner

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm a big nas fan,have been for 20 years but please stop. Nas has never been as big as drake. You can point out any of nas best years and there will be a bunch of nikkas way bigger than him at those moments. ANd you can't compare mid nineties sales to sales of the past several years

In Hip Hop or mainstream?? If we talking mainsream then the Vanila Ice/Will Smith/MC Hammer argument comes into play.

In Hip Hop Nas is considered by some the GOAT and has an album that is considered the greatest Hip Hop album by some. Drake has neither yet u say he's bigger.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
In Hip Hop or mainstream?? If we talking mainsream then the Vanila Ice/Will Smith/MC Hammer argument comes into play.

In Hip Hop Nas is considered by some the GOAT and has an album that is considered the greatest Hip Hop album by some. Drake has neither yet u say he's bigger.
Drake gets as much play amongst black youth (more in my opinion) than nas ever did at his peak.
You cant use sales then act like it's a hiphop vs mainstream type of thing. You already went straight to mainstream.
And the illusion that nas had a GOAT album was created in the most mainstream hiphop magazine of the moment,THE SOURCE prior to the album having a run and getting elected by the people.
The streets didnt make nas. Media did

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Nas, one of my two favorite rappers ever, was never as big as Drake is right now. You're being ridiculous. Nas was never even as big as Kendrick is right now.
Pump your breaks,kendrick's stature in this game is falsified.
Nasir's peak was higher than kendrick's
Agree with drake shyt though.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Drake gets as much play amongst black youth (more in my opinion) than nas ever did at his peak.
You cant use sales then act like it's a hiphop vs mainstream type of thing. You already went straight to mainstream.
And the illusion that nas had a GOAT album was created in the most mainstream hiphop magazine of the moment,THE SOURCE prior to the album having a run and getting elected by the people.
The streets didnt make nas. Media did

No!

I came in here explaining how sales dont mean anything when we talking about straight up Hip Hop. Hence the whole point of me bringing up Nas never having a Billboard #1 single.

and that thing you said about Illmatic is a lie...In my hood(NYC where it counts) Illmatic had the dudes bowing down and it wasnt even a commercial success. Nobody gave a damn about The Source like that. Nikkas around the way werent using The Source as any end all be all.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
No!

I came in here explaining how sales dont mean anything when we talking about straight up Hip Hop. Hence the whole point of me bringing up Nas never having a Billboard #1 single.

and that thing you said about Illmatic is a lie...In my hood(NYC where it counts) Illmatic had the dudes bowing down and it wasnt even a commercial success. Nobody gave a damn about The Source like that. Nikkas around the way werent using The Source as any end all be all.
NYC is not all that counts unless we're only talking bout nyc. If the country felt like that,it wouldnt have took 7years to go plat. When other new artists in 94' were going plat in a matter of weeks or months.
"everybody is the man in their own hood"

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
NYC is not all that counts unless we're only talking bout nyc. If the country felt like that,it wouldnt have took 7years to go plat. When other new artists in 94' were going plat in a matter of weeks or months.
"everybody is the man in their own hood"

U are wrong because KRS, G Rap and Kane never saw platinum and they are considered GOATS by many.

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
yall nikkas on the coli are the biggest trolls... lol actin like yall are die-hard desiigner fans fukk outta here :mjlol: