Drone strikes knock off HALF of Saudi Arabia's daily oil production

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They’ve displayed a missile called the Quds which they claim they manufactured themselves in Yemen. If they can lie about that, why is it implausible they would lie about the attacks? Who are they getting the missiles and drone tech from? Obviously it’s Iran. Why wouldn’t they coordinate with their ally that’s equipping them?

The same UN reports confirmed Iran is smuggling missiles to them via the land route and through the sea.

Kuwait ( who has relations with Iran) also confirmed their air space was violated and MEE (which is very hostile to KSA) reported the attack was launched from Iraq. Are they also part of the false flag misinformation? :francis:

These guys really think Iran is some completely innocent actor in everything, no matter the context, even when Iran states their actions and intentions.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If the Houthis are capable of this imagine what would Iran do to Saudis Arabia in the event of war?

To be fair they are in a war right now. It's a proxy war within Yemen between Iran and SA. And by all accounts, SA is losing. Not surprising that SA is lobbying the US to expand its role or even to outright attack Iran. Even the US Joint Chiefs don't support war with Iran, they know it would be a disaster. Yes we would "win" but it would be ugly and last for years if we tried to occupy Iran.

Remember 24, season 6...the season people clowned? That's what war with Iran would look like. Nonstop terrorist attacks on the US homeland while US forces overseas deal with an ugly asymmetrical war they are unprepared to fight.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
What is KSA going to do about rebuilding though? Put the infrastructure right back in the same place?

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
These guys really think Iran is some completely innocent actor in everything, no matter the context, even when Iran states their actions and intentions.

Do you think Iran would be giving their proxies the green light to hit a Saudi oil facility if Trump didn’t violate and leave the nuclear deal putting back sanctions? They're only responding to what Trump has brought. This wasn't happening in 2017, 2018 and of course when Obama was POTUS. Everything the Iranians did with their proxies would be confined to a certain area.

:patrice: this whole back and forth started with you claiming it’s hard to believe Iran did it with the Houthis claiming they did it.

Anyway I don’t disagree on the consequences of a strike. I actually think Trumps tweet shows he is hedging his bets against a strike. Why would he need the Saudis to confirm who the culprit is? More likely he is trying to talk tough while keeping the hopes of a meeting open. I think Trump ultimately wants to have his own deal and public spectacle ala North Korea but the Iranians are not interested unless he walks back the sanctions. They also need to save face and do not want to appear they’ve capitulated to Trumps max pressure.

Iran wouldn't launch the missiles from their territory was what I was getting at.

I doubt anything happens at the UNGA. Too much hype about a Rouhani Trump meeting.

What is KSA going to do about rebuilding though? Put the infrastructure right back in the same place?

These large petrochemical installations are built with flexibility in mind. In a month or so things will be back up and running near capacity again. There is a pool of contractors that are expert at putting things back together in short order but at high cost.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
These large petrochemical installations are built with flexibility in mind. In a month or so things will be back up and running near capacity again. There is a pool of contractors that are expert at putting things back together in short order but at high cost.

I meant in terms of protecting it from attack. If it were a missile it means your missile defenses suck and if it’s a drone then they know where to hit to put you at 50% again with ease.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
If Trump never withdrew from the nuclear deal none of this would have happened. Iran is retaliating to the maximum pressure strategy and I expect more escalation. If a country is using economic warfare to bring you down you have the right to respond.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I meant in terms of protecting it from attack. If it were a missile it means your missile defenses suck and if it’s a drone then they know where to hit to put you at 50% again with ease.

You have to question the competency of the Saudis or perhaps the Iranians have engineered these missiles/drones to bypass the air defense system which is embarassing.

Oh and now there’s this

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
You have to question the competency of the Saudis or perhaps the Iranians have engineered these missiles/drones to bypass the air defense system which is embarassing.

Oh and now there’s this

After all this time, why would Iran launch a direct attack on SA? Especially given that SA and Israel would ally just to take it down and the fact that Israel and SA are allies of the US. I don't see the strategic value in this from the Iranian POV.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
After all this time, why would Iran launch a direct attack on SA? Especially given that SA and Israel would ally just to take it down and the fact that Israel and SA are allies of the US. I don't see the strategic value in this from the Iranian POV.

:beli: