Dusk Golem: Monster Hunter Wilds and Resident Evil 9 will be Open World

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This guy is usually right about capcom and konami stuff

105527.jpg

1/2) So here's a little tidbit I'll share, Capcom often will greenlight new initiatives in 3's closer together. Decent examples are RE7, RE:2 & DMCV were all Greenlit fairly close together to take advantage of their new RE Engine, & the idea to remake RE:2 inspired them to also
(2/2) take on RE:3 & RE:4 for a remake initiative. Dragons Dogma 2 expanded RE Engine functionality for open world games, the two other games building on this tech is Monster Hunter Wild & Resident Evil 9.
In short, Capcom usually has a plan to use new ideas in two or three games released close together, and in this example it used the games in the Resident Evil franchise, and added the recently released Dragon's Dogma 2, which is open-world.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
It could be cool but i think they have to change the movement type. Over the shoulder ain’t gonna work for open world. It was grueling in AW2
Encounter environments too. The scare in zombie games comes from close quarter encounters
Unless there are hordes like Days Gone

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Encounter environments too. The scare in zombie games comes from close quarter encounters
Unless there are hordes like Days Gone

I think they should make it just like one big city, where you have to go into buildings and stuff, kind of like a bigger RE VIllage. Return to Rac00n City and have to navigate a new outbreak.

But it should control more like TLOU2

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Last of Us 2 sections when you first arrived in Seattle was kind of like an intro into how a zombie open world game that isn't some survival type game might work. Well see through.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Is RE9 confirmed 3rd person? Open world makes more sense in the First Person style they been using in 7 & 8

No confirmation.

Thinking they would still need to change the movement to be more like something like CP2077 instead of how it is in RE7 and 8 due to mostly just traversing through the mansion and outdoor areas

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably means semi open world the same way the original silent hill was.
yeah also like the evil within in 2 that could be where they are looking for RE9 to be
In The Evil Within 2, maps are larger and there are multiple ways for players to advance in a level. The player is also given an item known as "The Communicator", which helps to highlight the objectives, resources and enemies featured in the game's world. It also reveals Resonance points, which provides hints regarding what had happened in the world of Union. Players can explore the map area freely to complete side objectives and scout for resources, which are scarce. Players can engage in direct confrontation with enemies using weapons like guns, or use stealth to prevent themselves from being noticed or sneak behind enemies to kill them silently

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Hate open world games, but they could have something with an open world RE if they make it a true survival game.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
After the Dragon's Dogma 2 performance if I were Capcom I would be staying away from open worlds :scust:

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
I picture RE open world being The Division with zombies.

MW Wilds isn’t that much of a stretch to picture the open world.

fukking forgot State of Decay 3 will be dropping by then if not before. I wonder how those two will end up. :wow: