Earliest Music memories?

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
mine were

-Watching music video marathon countdowns and MJ basically being the top 15.

- That Aaron hall song where his wife dies and he's left alone :mjcry:

-The Remember the time music video :myman:

- Being a big BIGGIE fan with my cousins...we both thought Diddy was the coolest. ( :mjgrin: :mjlol: )

Also when did you start to take music seriously? Form your own musical tastes?

I remember when All Falls down came out by c00nye and me and my homie were
:ehh: @ the lyrics

"It seems we living the American dream
The people highest up
Got the lowest self esteem".

I remember us talking about that line...not the whole conversation of course but it mos def had us talking.

I had to of been in 8th grade when that song came out ..yep 14 ...a year earlier I had listened to illmatic on my own and started becoming a Nas fan.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
- the boys, my dad bought me their album on vinyl :dead:

- al b sure's night and day and de la soul's me myself and i were my fave two songs as a toddler

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I remember I bought the Nas street dreams single from coconuts.

I remember the hit em high video from the space jam soundtrack

Hearing 2Pac Hail Mary, playing in stores when I used to go shopping with my mom

The bad boy era when I was in third grade

Cash Money era

Buying life after death on Cassett when I was a kid and my mom asking a guy if I was too young to listen to it lol

Buying eternal 1999 on Cassett

s@n

All Star
Daps
King Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obe, Mahalia Jackson, Beers Hammond, Bob Marley, Harry Belafonte, Miriam Makes, Paul Simon, Rod Stewart, Bonnie Rait, Elvis, James Brown, Anita Baker, Millie Jackson, Simply Red.

My parents had wide-ranging and excellent taste

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
There are so many, but one that sticks out is me being scared of that Mahalia Jackson commercial on TV. No matter how much I loved a program BET showed, I'd never watch BET at night because I feared that commercial coming one

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
Dre and Snoop
Ice Cube ( I got in trouble in pre-k for saying Cube was my favorite music, I’ll never forget that shyt :dead:)

Janet Jackson
Silk/Jodeci/BoyzIIMen/Htown
MC Hammer

My moms loved LL, Rakim, Mary J
Stepdad loved KRS, PE, BBD, Tupac

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I have some random very early music memories that for some reason really stood out to me. I was crazy young (i was born in 90) so a lot of these memories I could not really process what I was hearing until I got older :russ:

- My uncle had a tape he recorded of Mobb Deep "Shook Ones". We was on a car ride with him, my 2 aunts and my lil cousin going from like queens back to bk and he legit played the same song the whole ride from this tape that he recorded off the radio. :dead:. The beat has been ingrained into my memory ever since then

- My aunt was into hip-hop, I just remember she had the reasonable doubt & was written cds. Everything was over my head at that point. I used to love BKs Finest because BIG was my favorite rapper.

- I told my family I was going to be rapper at like 6 and wrote a rhyme which was basically a flip of BIGs "Get Money" :pachaha:

- My fav song in elementary was puff & mase - "cant nobody hold me down". I played it every morning as I got ready before school and till this day I know that shyt by heart

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
Riding with my mom in her red toyota celica. My feet barely touching the floor. Sun shining. Maze Happy Feelin on the radio

A lot of Luther, Anita

Mary singing ...take a look at my life....

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
Riding with my dad, listening to Stevie wonder’s “As”, while crossing the I-10 bridge from NO, to visit family friends in Slidell. This was in 90-91 I think.