Easy Mo Bee Claims He Was 'Blackballed' For Confronting Diddy Over Production Credit

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
People had to be alive in the 90s to know easy mo bee should have been up there and the dude just fell off the map.

Diddy probably wanted him to go through a "initiation" at Bad Boy and MO Bee refused to let him take his arse and pimp him...

Basically it was a another Dame Grease/Ruff Ryders situation.

Easy want3d to be his own man and I don't blame him.

U ain't finna strong arm me out of some production credits

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
That is a production credit. Without Puff's idea of making a remix and putting those artists on it, we'd just have the original version.
Okay then who's idea was it to put biggie on it? Rampage? That would've been wack even with LL and Busta

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
Easy had mental health issues. people were begging him to come outside and make music. he was paranoid and banned himself. he was producing for everyone not just Puff. Someone spoke on this a long time ago on combat jack show

but people love ducktales so eat it up

CJ wrote about this on his blog many years ago

:dame: at the post title

"Jimmy Iovine flies Mo Bee out to Los Angeles to discuss whether Mo would come over to Interscope, produce mad hits and in the process, transform himself from beat making producer to music industry mogul. Mo Bee gets out to L.A. and checks into his hotel room, for like days. When time for his appointment with Iovine, Mo Bee is a no show. Frustrated and really wanting to invest in dude, Iovine calls another producer legend of his, Dr. Dre to see if he could convince Mo to take the meeting and sign over to Interscope. Story goes, Dre AND Iovine drive over to Mo Bee’s hotel, knock on his door, and all they get is an eyeball peeping through the peep hole and all types of whispering coming from the other side of the door. Well, after like 10 minutes of this nonsense, with Dre and Iovine knocking on the hotel door and waiting, Mo Bee eyeballing them and whispering unintelligible ish from inside, Dre was like “fukk this, Jimmy, you ain’t paying me that much dough to be fukking around with crazy nikkas like this” and bounced. Iovine was right behind him. Thus, after stiffing Iovine, Mo made it back to New York City, in the process killing any prospects of landing a lucrative deal at Interscope or any hopes of building any types of working relationship with Iovine and Dre."

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never forgave diddy for ruining juicy and ready to die if we keeping it all the way real. Life after death, he fits but ready to die... he straight up stole pete rock's style with the shyttalking in the background. Everytime he says "Its all good, its all good" on juicy, Im like shut the fukk up, puff. Let biggie talk.

And that all i need p diddy remix he did was wack. I hate that record. The two rza versions are good enough for me. I dont fukk with the all i need p diddy remix at all. NEVER DID. That rza razor sharp remix that the video uses is the best one. Thats a great sounding love song. The grimeiness makes me feel warm inside.

With all that out the way, that explains everything about why easy mo bee disaappeared. Same with jeru da damaja.

Last edited:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I must be seeing things, but Easy said his name was on the record. It looks like he's taking issue with the fact that Puff and Chucky are credited, but also says it was Puff's idea to put LL, Busta, and Biggie on the remix.

And given the fact that he says Puff blackballed him, he still worked on songs years later. "I Love The Dough" from Life After Death is an Easy Mo Bee track.

you see it :salute:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Big would've been beefin' with him by 98-98 had he lived.

BIG would've realized he probably should've been worth 10x more than he was by 98-99
But we saw that then, when one of the camp revealed Biggie didn't want JM anywhere near Puff.

And Diddy does blackball people though. RJ Payne told a story decades ago about being on Making the Band. He said something about having a situation and wanting to leave the show, but producers told him not to leave because Puff would blackball him. He left anyway, and even dropped a dis track about it.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
I'm guessing since he was blackballed, Puff spread stories about him being nuttier than a Snickers bar? Canceling meetings, standing by the door for minutes at a time and not saying anything, playing with the air conditioner for no apparent reason?

He could have worked with Dr. Dre if what he's saying is true, but Puff probably told Dre to stay away from him.
This /\

Shout out to Combat Jack .

Dizzle

Pro
Daps
Reppin
AZ

Moe Bee gave this dude some flame and he didn't even rap on it! :childplease: