Elliott Wilson Names His 'Mount Rushmore Of Hip Hop Media'

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Elliott Wilson has been a staple of Hip Hop culture for over 25 years and he’s just about seen it all while adapting to the ever-changing media landscape.

In a clip posted to Instagram on Thursday (December 28), Wilson revealed his selections for the “Mount Rushmore of Hip Hop Media,” excluding himself.

Hip Hop media Mount Rushmore modern day not including me, obviously, because I belong — Sway, Angie Martinez, Charlamagne Tha God and Joe Budden,” he stated.

Fans chimed in with their opinions in the comments, as some took issue with YN’s picks and mentioned the likes of Big Boy, Ebro, and N.O.R.E. among others.

“U can’t forget @therealnoreaga no interview comes close to a drink champs interview,” producer Scram Jones wrote.

Another commenter added: “ANGIE & SWAY earned their places, for decades… The Toss up is JOE.. Cause BIG BOY has be a staple for years, and some really great dissecting interviews, rather a Convo in Trendy topics.”

The former XXL Editor-in-Chief is no stranger to stirring the pot on social media with his peers in the Hip Hop community. Wilson recently clashed with both Drakeand Nicki Minaj.

The latter took place earlier in December when he appeared to take a shot at Nickiwhen he posted a photo of the rapper twerking during her appearance on Kai Cenat’s Twitch livestream and captioned it: “Hip Hop journalism.”

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham
For the modern era

Its AK, ADAM, VLAD, JOE >

Even the people Elliot is putting up there will admit to this.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For the modern era

Its AK, ADAM, VLAD, JOE >

Even the people Elliot is putting up there will admit to this.
Wouldn’t none of them admit that. The only ones who would agree with this are teenage white people
7XwEqei.png

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
DJ Ak
Vlad
Gillie & Wallo

nobody else really matters like that I don’t think.

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
I watched vlad far more than everybody on the list :manny:

I pretty much only seen clips of everybody else mentioned…I tried to watch nore once but him & the other dude kept interrupting the person they was interviewed and it annoyed me

Taxstone interviewing Joe burdens was one of my favorites lol

I fukked with a few of Sway & funk flex freestyle sessions tho

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
If modern era starts in the 2000s, then the list is pretty good.
Angie and Sway have lost momentum the last 10 years or so and like him or not, Vlad probably deserves a spot.