ESPN - "SmackDown Live reinforce U.S. Title is more important than WWE Championship"

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Randy Orton is such a fukking failure as a wrestling "star" :mjlol:

I don't think there's ever been a non factor like him have such a long run on top. It's been 12 years of pure "meh" from him as a maineventer :dead:

I think the only time I wanted to see him in a big profile match was against Brock and that turned out to be a damn squash :heh:
Legit dont understand how he has fans post 2009, and also dont get how They keep giving him these pushes, even if they love him, they'd have to have realized it's not and has never worked

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
sounds like the ic title.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
Legit don't understand how he has fans post 2009, and also don't get how they keep giving him these pushes, even if they love him, they'd have to have realized it's not and has never worked
I think it's the RKO. It's that good of a move. Honestly, if he doesn't have that as a finisher he doesn't stay over enough for Vince to go ":ohhh:That pop for the RKO was huge... put him in the main event scene again:shaq:"

reigun

Superstar
Daps
The only real problem I see with this is that further marginalizes the actual midcarders since they can't compete for the midcard belts. Guys like Tye Dillinger or Luke Harper, who would normally would be the guys you'd want competing for the US Belt, aren't going to even get to sniff it in a scene with Kevin Owens, AJ Styles, and John fukking Cena having stories built around it. And they damn sure ain't going to fight Jinder for the big belt because even if it's the secondary belt in the moment, it's still the WWE Title . So they get left out, and if one of them does win the belt, it instantly goes back to not mattering.

Someone pointed out to me that WWE currently doesn't really have a men's single midcard. It has matches that take place in the midcard, but that space is regularly occupied by either main event talent or specialty divisions (crusiers, women, tag). Look at Great Balls of Fire: of all the men's matches on the card, only one didn't have a former WWE or World Heavyweight champion (Enzo v Cass). Two if we include the cruiserweight match on the preshow, three if we include that bullshyt they had with Heath and Hawkins where we didn't even see the result shown on screen.

So while I like that they're making the IC and US belts matter again, it does seem to be coming at the expense of using those belts to build new guys up. When people say Jinder should have won the US belt before the WWE belt, my question is "Would they have made that belt mean something if it was held by Jinder Mahaal?" The answer is probably no, and so, him winning the belt that always has prestige was an easier path forward.