EU parliament passes resolution calling for reparations for crimes against Africa during colonialism

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
It calls on the countries to implement nation-wide strategies to deal with discrimination in education, health, housing, policing, the justice system and politics.

The resolution - approved by 535 MEPs, with 80 votes against and 44 abstentions - also calls on European member states to declassify their colonial archives, covering the most disturbing periods of Europe's colonial past, and issue public apologies.

. . .
The text is not legally-binding, but it was hailed as a watershed moment campaign groups for specifically focusing on the discrimination faced on the continent by an estimated 15 million people.

'Histories of injustices against Africans and people of African Descent – including enslavement, forced labour, racial apartheid, massacre, and genocides in the context of European colonialism and the transatlantic slave trade – remain largely unrecognised and unaccounted for at an institutional level in EU member states,' the text states.

European parliament passes resolution calling for reparations for crimes against Africa | Daily Mail Online

Looks to apply to Africans in Europe, and there's no action just yet, this is huge news nonetheless :ohhh:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
My guess is that they are trying to reverse the browning of Europe and get those young people to work. Hopefully they don't treat colonial reparations as if it's a massive foreign aid package.

generic-username

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
This is nonsense. What they need to do is give actual compensation to the countries they colonized.

For example there is no reason why Belgium can't compensate Congo for the money their king made in the rubber plantations.

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
This is nonsense. What they need to do is give actual compensation to the countries they colonized.

For example there is no reason why Belgium can't compensate Congo for the money their king made in the rubber plantations.
This comes off more like lip services imo

"Implementing strategies" = "We're not gonna directly give any money to melanated people"

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Some countries already got compensate but got peanuts. This is why I caution people who think reparations will "change their life" don't count that money yet..

Mr Hague said 5,228 victims would receive payments totalling £19.9m following an agreement with lawyers acting for the victims, who have been fighting for compensation for a number of years.

The compensation amounts to about £3,000 per victim and applies only to the living survivors of the abuses that took place.

What they need to do is relinquish the land rights they are still holding onto as part of these reparations as well.

Dr. Mumbi comes from the Tariq school of crowd triggering sensationalists. I don't really fukk with her channel.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)

This comes off more like lip services imo

"Implementing strategies" = "We're not gonna directly give any money to melanated people"

I agree, that Europe stipulation has me :Patrice: and if it's lip service, why pay it all? :leostare: It's still big news IMO but it does look a lil funny/off

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Dr. Mumbi comes from the Tariq school of crowd triggering sensationalists. I don't really fukk with her channel.
:heh: she can definitely be a conspiracy theorist at times but she's otherwise good people :ehh: Not on that "you c00ns"/tear another black person down shyt. I found out about thru her.

generic-username

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
Some countries already got compensate but got peanuts.

What they need to do is relinquish the land rights they are still holding onto as part of these reparations as well.

You are right about Mumbi (does she even have a doctorate degree? ) being a sensationalist.

However unlike Tariq she sticks to topics (usually issues about Africa) she is knowledgeable about.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

They need to wipe out debts and do national infrastructure projects at zero coast to creat national road systems, and bring electricity and plumbing nation wide to all of these countries at a minimum too.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
If it doesn't entail them getting their hands off the natural resources and politics of the countries Idc for it. They made much more than what they might possibly eventually maybe give just to kill that talk.

Need reparations for ADOS too.