Evander Holyfield says Bowe and Tyson were afraid of Lennox Lewis

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
:russ: Buddy, lewis legs were wobblely as fukk and he used da ref as leverage to stay on his feet
Good stoppage
He got up at six, he obviously wasn't that hurt, when buzzed the legs play funny tricks on you (especially as a heavy)Zab could attest to that:manny:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Mc calls height had nothing to do with the knockout

Are u implying that a prime tyson wouldnt be able to hit lewis clean:upsetfavre::upsetfavre:
With his 71 inch reach the same problems a passed prime version faced is the same issues he would have faced............................................

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He got up at six, he obviously wasn't that hurt, when buzzed the legs play funny tricks on you (especially as a heavy)Zab could attest to that:manny:
He got up too fast
Just like zab did
When u do that, your body does dumb shyt, ref made a judgement call.
Plus gettin up at 6 isnt even thAt fast since u supposed to get up by 8 to b safe
He was CLEARLY still hurt

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With his 71 inch reach the same problems a passed prime version faced is the same issues he would have faced............................................
He would still catch him
And back in da early 90s, lewis fought different
He didnt take advantage of his reach as much
He was a lil more offensive, and he has a glass jaw

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Breh its well known Foreman targeted a pre prison Tyson around 1989, Tyson hid behind Don King and ducked just like he hid behind King and ducked a youg Lewis. Why does Tyson act like Tyon wasnt fighting cab drivers also, Foreman victory vs a Prime Moore is better than any victory Tyson had in his career and not only the 90s

Tyson wanted no parts of Foreman he seen him as a legit threat unlike everybody else and rightfully so

http://coxscorner.tripod.com/foreman_tyson_fl.html

While we were eating, Benton said, "Bobby, what's up with Foreman and Tyson, how come they're not fighting each other on the 16th? Isn't that the fight that King was trying to make?" He said, "Georgie, You'll never believe this but, fukkin' Tyson is scared shyt less of Foreman and wants no part of him. I was there when Don was trying to make the fight. He was telling Tyson that Foreman represented huge money, plus he was old and slow and would be no problem. Tyson got up and screamed at King saying, 'I'm not fight in' that fukkin' animal, if you love the motherfukker so much, you fight him!'"

Goodman stated that Tyson said Foreman was much better than people thought, and was a dangerous fight for any of the top heavyweights. Goodman proceeded to explain how Tyson was calling Foreman a big con man, and explained that the grandpop act was just a front. He said Tyson saw Foreman as trying to set up the boxing world into thinking he was a pushover, knowing that he really wasn't. Tyson said Foreman was a wolf in sheep's clothing. Goodman continued to say that after seeing Tyson's response to King trying to push him into a fight with Foreman, he had no doubt that Tyson had fear of Foreman. He also said that from that point on, he felt that if Foreman and Tyson ever fought, Foreman would knock Tyson out

Throughout the lunch Goodman, Duva, Benton, and myself shared stories and thoughts on the fight game. Out of the blue Goodman said, "Oh I remember why else Tyson wanted no parts of Foreman. He said that King had found out from Steve Lott that Tyson and Cus D'Amato used to watch the Frazier-Foreman fight over and over." He continued saying that Tyson loved that fight because he was awed by Foreman's power and Frazier's toughness and how he kept getting up after every knockdown. He also said that Lott told King that Cus sat alongside Tyson saying, "It's suicide against Foreman if you're short and fight a swarming attacking style like Marciano or Frazier," never figuring that Foreman could be a possible Tyson opponent down the road. He said that Cus said the only fighters who had a chance against Foreman were, tall rangy fighters who could fight him from a distance while moving away from him, and no way any swarmer could beat Foreman by going to him.

Those are the words of the man who actually had a hand in trying to make the Foreman-Tyson fight, and was in the room when the negotiations broke down. Over the years, I've talked to many people who were involved with Tyson and Foreman and they all verify the story, every one of them. I have also talked to people who were involved with promoting Foreman, including Ron Weathers who promoted a few of Foreman's comeback fights. He told me the same story. The fight didn't happen because of Tyson being fearful of losing to George. Bob Arum also said that he dreamed of making Foreman-Tyson. He said it would be huge money and that Foreman would stop Tyson easier than he did Frazier. This is something Arum often repeated to the press. I have also heard this from George's brother Roy who was his business manager. I co-hosted a boxing show with Roy in Atlantic City for a little less than two months and this was a regular topic when discussing Tyson. Anyone who covered boxing at the time or knew any of the involved parties knew of this. It's not breaking news.

Posts like this is why I come here, great stuff man

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh its well known Foreman targeted a pre prison Tyson around 1989, Tyson hid behind Don King and ducked just like he hid behind King and ducked a youg Lewis. Why does Tyson act like Tyon wasnt fighting cab drivers also, Foreman victory vs a Prime Moore is better than any victory Tyson had in his career and not only the 90s

Tyson wanted no parts of Foreman he seen him as a legit threat unlike everybody else and rightfully so

While we were eating, Benton said, "Bobby, what's up with Foreman and Tyson, how come they're not fighting each other on the 16th? Isn't that the fight that King was trying to make?" He said, "Georgie, You'll never believe this but, fukkin' Tyson is scared shyt less of Foreman and wants no part of him. I was there when Don was trying to make the fight. He was telling Tyson that Foreman represented huge money, plus he was old and slow and would be no problem. Tyson got up and screamed at King saying, 'I'm not fight in' that fukkin' animal, if you love the motherfukker so much, you fight him!'"

Goodman stated that Tyson said Foreman was much better than people thought, and was a dangerous fight for any of the top heavyweights. Goodman proceeded to explain how Tyson was calling Foreman a big con man, and explained that the grandpop act was just a front. He said Tyson saw Foreman as trying to set up the boxing world into thinking he was a pushover, knowing that he really wasn't. Tyson said Foreman was a wolf in sheep's clothing. Goodman continued to say that after seeing Tyson's response to King trying to push him into a fight with Foreman, he had no doubt that Tyson had fear of Foreman. He also said that from that point on, he felt that if Foreman and Tyson ever fought, Foreman would knock Tyson out

Throughout the lunch Goodman, Duva, Benton, and myself shared stories and thoughts on the fight game. Out of the blue Goodman said, "Oh I remember why else Tyson wanted no parts of Foreman. He said that King had found out from Steve Lott that Tyson and Cus D'Amato used to watch the Frazier-Foreman fight over and over." He continued saying that Tyson loved that fight because he was awed by Foreman's power and Frazier's toughness and how he kept getting up after every knockdown. He also said that Lott told King that Cus sat alongside Tyson saying, "It's suicide against Foreman if you're short and fight a swarming attacking style like Marciano or Frazier," never figuring that Foreman could be a possible Tyson opponent down the road. He said that Cus said the only fighters who had a chance against Foreman were, tall rangy fighters who could fight him from a distance while moving away from him, and no way any swarmer could beat Foreman by going to him.

Those are the words of the man who actually had a hand in trying to make the Foreman-Tyson fight, and was in the room when the negotiations broke down. Over the years, I've talked to many people who were involved with Tyson and Foreman and they all verify the story, every one of them. I have also talked to people who were involved with promoting Foreman, including Ron Weathers who promoted a few of Foreman's comeback fights. He told me the same story. The fight didn't happen because of Tyson being fearful of losing to George. Bob Arum also said that he dreamed of making Foreman-Tyson. He said it would be huge money and that Foreman would stop Tyson easier than he did Frazier. This is something Arum often repeated to the press. I have also heard this from George's brother Roy who was his business manager. I co-hosted a boxing show with Roy in Atlantic City for a little less than two months and this was a regular topic when discussing Tyson. Anyone who covered boxing at the time or knew any of the involved parties knew of this. It's not breaking news.
First of all your going by some second hand story that has never been verified by don king or tyson, so its not even worth addressing but i will, the foreman they were talking about was YOUNG foreman, not the fat butterball who was busy getting his face lumped up against bums, if foreman wanted a tyson fight so bad he shouldve got into contention like everyone else not going on talk shows or radio and saying he can beat tyson and thinking he can get a fight just because of name value, and lets be real if tyson beat him you would still be saying the same shyt about tyson beat up a old foreman etc. because your one of those fan who never will give tyson his due.

Also the lewis-tyson fight was supposed to happen, lewis was even offered 10mil. which was his biggest payday at that point and more than he couldve earned alone because tyson was the draw, and guess what? lewis turned it down being greedy, and tysons camp went to explore other fight options, upon hearing this your boy lennox sued, it was settled with the provision being lewis tyson would be next up after seldon, so how exactly was he ducked again? lewis even held up the seldon fight which in turn tyson dropped the belt just to get the thing over with.

but heres you go since your so fond of qoutes

''The result brings a scathing attack from Jay Larkin, senior vice-president of Showtime TV sport. He alleges Lennox has no genuine intention of facing Tyson.

"It's totally untrue to suggest Tyson is afraid of Lewis," stresses Larkin, whose company has exclusive rights to Mike.

"Lewis is welcome in a ring with Tyson on July 13 and we will pay him 10 million dollars - the biggest purse of his life.

"Lewis and his people have refused. In their greed they have tied themselves to HBO Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO)
A form of oxygen therapy in which the patient breathes oxygen in a pressurized chamber.

"All their talk of shaming Tyson into fighting is bluff. Lewis is simply not available. Unless he gets three of the HBO contracts there is no possibility of him meeting Mike."

Larkin reveals they are courting Evander Holyfield for July instead. And he insists the legal ban on Tyson boxing anybody but Lewis will be overturned.

Says Larkin: "Sadly, Tyson is now trying to abandon the WBC belt to get on with his life. Lennox Lewis can pick it out of a trash can - again."

Eliades confirms: "We have turned down Showtime's offer because we'd prefer to put on the fight ourselves. We can pay Tyson 45 million dollars.

"It is not correct that we can't box for Showtime. If they up their bid to 15 million, they have got themselves a fight!"
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/TYSON'S+LAUGHING!;+It's+a+night+on+the+boos+ for+Lennox.-a061162075

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Although I don't think professional fighters are scared, I do believe there are fights they don't "like," because they are uncertain about the outcome. Fighters are very realistic & KNOW which fighters can give them trouble.

Bowe's actions always made it look bad against Lewis.

I doubt Tyson really cared who he fought. The only fight that I heard Tyson didn't like was the Foreman fight. This could easily be verified by one of these internet writers in today's era, but no one ever thinks to ask.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Although I don't think professional fighters are scared, I do believe there are fights they don't "like," because they are uncertain about the outcome. Fighters are very realistic & KNOW which fighters can give them trouble.

Bowe's actions always made it look bad against Lewis.

I doubt Tyson really cared who he fought. The only fight that I heard Tyson didn't like was the Foreman fight. This could easily be verified by one of these internet writers in today's era, but no one ever thinks to ask.

truth.com :yes:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First of all your going by some second hand story that has never been verified by don king or tyson, so its not even worth addressing but i will, the foreman they were talking about was YOUNG foreman, not the fat butterball who was busy getting his face lumped up against bums, if foreman wanted a tyson fight so bad he shouldve got into contention like everyone else not going on talk shows or radio and saying he can beat tyson and thinking he can get a fight just because of name value, and lets be real if tyson beat him you would still be saying the same shyt about tyson beat up a old foreman etc. because your one of those fan who never will give tyson his due.

Also the lewis-tyson fight was supposed to happen, lewis was even offered 10mil. which was his biggest payday at that point and more than he couldve earned alone because tyson was the draw, and guess what? lewis turned it down being greedy, and tysons camp went to explore other fight options, upon hearing this your boy lennox sued, it was settled with the provision being lewis tyson would be next up after seldon, so how exactly was he ducked again? lewis even held up the seldon fight which in turn tyson dropped the belt just to get the thing over with.

but heres you go since your so fond of qoutes

''The result brings a scathing attack from Jay Larkin, senior vice-president of Showtime TV sport. He alleges Lennox has no genuine intention of facing Tyson.

"It's totally untrue to suggest Tyson is afraid of Lewis," stresses Larkin, whose company has exclusive rights to Mike.

"Lewis is welcome in a ring with Tyson on July 13 and we will pay him 10 million dollars - the biggest purse of his life.

"Lewis and his people have refused. In their greed they have tied themselves to HBO Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO)
A form of oxygen therapy in which the patient breathes oxygen in a pressurized chamber.

"All their talk of shaming Tyson into fighting is bluff. Lewis is simply not available. Unless he gets three of the HBO contracts there is no possibility of him meeting Mike."

Larkin reveals they are courting Evander Holyfield for July instead. And he insists the legal ban on Tyson boxing anybody but Lewis will be overturned.

Says Larkin: "Sadly, Tyson is now trying to abandon the WBC belt to get on with his life. Lennox Lewis can pick it out of a trash can - again."

Eliades confirms: "We have turned down Showtime's offer because we'd prefer to put on the fight ourselves. We can pay Tyson 45 million dollars.

"It is not correct that we can't box for Showtime. If they up their bid to 15 million, they have got themselves a fight!"
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/TYSON'S LAUGHING!; It's a night on the boos for+Lennox.-a061162075

:whew:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Are you kidding me? Lennox was out on his feet and wobbly as fukk.

Go to 4:32 for the round where McCall got the KO.
You obviously have confused the Manny Steward (who was in McCall's corner for this fight btw) trained Lennox with the early version of Lennox because those were two different fighters and the pre-Manny Lennox was not putting fear in anyone's heart because he was not that impressive of a fighter.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
everyone knew bowe was scared of him.

he gave up his belt instead of fighting him

i thought Bowe would have beat Lennox back then, during that time frame Lennox was a one handed fighter, all he had was a right hand, Bowe was more polished, had a better chin too.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Tyson's W over Spinks is greater than Foreman's W over Moore imo.

Seems like Tyson was conditioned into being scared of George, that's not all on him.

:ohhh: at the knowledge though, i knew Cus told him that from Tyson's own mouth, but i didn't know it went that deep with all of those other folks knowing.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Tyson's W over Spinks is greater than Foreman's W over Moore imo.

Seems like Tyson was conditioned into being scared of George, that's not all on him.

:ohhh: at the knowledge though, i knew Cus told him that from Tyson's own mouth, but i didn't know it went that deep with all of those other folks knowing.
Tyson fans stay talking out their ass:snoop:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Tyson fans stay talking out their ass:snoop:

why not when factoring in the hype though, yeah Foreman made history but he was getting washed before the straight right, Moore's chin was garbage. Tyson was a small heavyweight to begin with, the match with Spinks was more intriguing, Spinks' W against Holmes was questionable but he still put in work against a pre-flabby :flabbynsick:

made for a good match :manny:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
why not when factoring in the hype though, yeah Foreman made history but he was getting washed before the straight right, Moore's chin was garbage. Tyson was a small heavyweight to begin with, the match with Spinks was more intriguing.
Are you gonna act like Spinks wasnt a career Light Heavyweight, exactly what I mean about Tyson fans talking out their ass