Even If You're Trying To Avoid Grubhub By Calling Your Favorite Restaurant Directly, Grubhub charges

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I don’t get it. If restaurants are tired of the fees that Grubhub charges, then why don’t they just cut out the middleman and have their own delivery service or stop selling through the platform altogether?

I guess not everyone can afford (or want) drivers like that.

Grubhub and co will promote your restaurant on the app, which gives you more exposure.

Save money on pamphlets and such.

Just spitballing :yeshrug:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I don’t get it. If restaurants are tired of the fees that Grubhub charges, then why don’t they just cut out the middleman and have their own delivery service or stop selling through the platform altogether?

I guess not everyone can afford (or want) drivers like that.

Grubhub and co will promote your restaurant on the app, which gives you more exposure.

Save money on pamphlets and such.

Just spitballing :yeshrug:

GrubHub provides exposure to customers. People may just see a restaurant scroll by and say they want that.

Otherwise the restaurant is just going to resell to people who specifically want that food.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Eh, google it then.

The redirect number can also appear higher in Google search results (including the Google panel for that business) than the restaurant’s own line. This leads some customers to call it even if they don’t intend to use Grubhub. Some restaurant owners have also raised this concern about Yelp, which lists Grubhub numbers, according to Vice.