Even If You're Trying To Avoid Grubhub By Calling Your Favorite Restaurant Directly, Grubhub charges

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I don’t get it. If restaurants are tired of the fees that Grubhub charges, then why don’t they just cut out the middleman and have their own delivery service or stop selling through the platform altogether?

People have started review bombing restaurants that don't participate in those services.

Daps
It’s 2020. I’m not feeling sorry for nan business that is failing to establish their own online presence. If you’re relying on Grubhub websites to provide your number to potential customers, pay the fee. That’s the deal you agreed to; negotiate better next time. :yeshrug:

Genos

Superstar
Daps
I don’t get it. If restaurants are tired of the fees that Grubhub charges, then why don’t they just cut out the middleman and have their own delivery service or stop selling through the platform altogether?
Are you serious with this? They have the infrastructure, most restaurants don't. There are a ton of middle man industries

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Are you serious with this? They have the infrastructure, most restaurants don't. There are a ton of middle man industries

I’m dead serious about it. If the restaurants have a problem with the fees that Grubhub and other delivery services charge, then cut them out and starting doing it themselves. Its obviously not going to be a cheap option.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Most restaurants who do their own delivery only deliver within a 2-mile radius of the restaurant, while these food delivery apps are willing to deliver 10+ miles from the restaurant.

Genos

Superstar
Daps
I’m dead serious about it. If the restaurants have a problem with the fees that Grubhub and other delivery services charge, then cut them out and starting doing it themselves. Its obviously not going to be a cheap option.
Thats like saying if you have a problem with comcast then dig up your own fiber and get your own internet. Many restaurants do not have the funds to hire an IT team or even think to do that. Plus we don't live in communism where small companies team up like that

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Most mom & pop spots don’t have the man power or funds to implement a delivery system. And like buddy said above if they do it’s only within a few miles. Plus insurance, has, mileage. Adds up and takes energy when you can have a grubhub do it for you

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Especially considering that these food delivery services aren't really paying salary or benefits to their drivers, it would be different if an individual restaurant had to do it cuz they would need to pay all that. Plus hire more staff cuz they can use the ones they have but they need people to actually run the restaurant. I wouldn't be surprised if pizza places started getting rid of their drivers and utilizing third party ones to save costs.