Explain to me why I should support Lavar Ball.

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
nikkas in the Coliseum love this guy. Just because he's a black man doesn't mean I automatically have to support him. He's a c00n through and through that exploits his children's talents for his own personal gain. It's really that simple. You nikkas can support "your fellow brother" all you want, buy his $495 shoes, buy their jerseys and all that jazz, but I damn sure won't be supporting a damn thing from this family.

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
nikkas in the Coliseum love this guy. Just because he's a black man doesn't mean I automatically have to support him. He's a c00n through and through that exploits his children's talents for his own personal gain. It's really that simple. You nikkas can support "your fellow brother" all you want, buy his $495 shoes, buy their jerseys and all that jazz, but I damn sure won't be supporting a damn thing from this family.

That's what's :mindblown:

The Coli is throwing away their hate for c00ns to support a c00n:mindblown:

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
What makes you think Lavar cares about black folks at all and not just himself?

What has he done or said to make you think that?

What does he owe to the millions of black folks?

That man is in debt to his family and nobody else. He doesn't owe me or anybody else nothing.

If he wants to go and take a risk at business, I salute him if he succeeds because I dont believe in working for anybody or letting anyone control your destiny.

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
I Don't Care! He makes shoes, he's a business owner. I don't have to agree or disagree with everything he does

The Coli.com:mjlol:

Call you stupid for supporting companies that don't align with their ideals.

But suddenly "don't care" when it's a c00n:russ:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
If you like the shoes, buy them.

If you don't, then don't.
It's really not that hard

You don't HAVE to support Lavar ball. I'm not going to support him because his shoes are too expensive and the brand is ugly af to me for the price but I am not knocking the hustle or the fact that he's putting his kids in a position to be successful whether you think he's doing it for his legacy or not

Nor do I give a fukk that his wife is white or if you feel like he's not helping "black people" especially when there are a lot of black people in better positions and situations and not doing shyt for the "black cause" or fukking over their own people as well.

I will go and say that there are black people in good positions all the time NOT helping other black people everyday.

For example, when I got out the military every black person that wanted me to invest in their black business either stole from me, didn't have the discipline or focus to do the shyt they promised me, or did not offer me shyt.. Not even a job. But I had 4 non-black friends that offered me multiple positions ranging from IT to automotive engineering to real estate. All because they wanted to help me or get me on their team..

Point is, I don't really care to hear nikkas talk about shyt anymore when it comes to "helping black causes" or black businesses. If you gonna do it then do it. Lavar Ball is actually doing everything he said he was going to do and taking people with him, so it seems, so I support that.

A lot of people talk shyt and do nothing. Lavar ball isn't one of them so I salute that.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC

How does he promote white supremacy? Especially pissing off the big wigs at these shoe companies that want to do the same thing to his son that he's doing.

Don't other parents get material items from their NBA children? Lavar is setting up something that his children could benefit from well after their playing days. Their is no guarantee all these children will be superstars or make the league. I mean Shaq went through a million dollars in one day his rookie year because he bought a sports car drove it home, his pops saw it and said "where's mine?" then Shaq went and bought another 6 figure car. That's exploting your child for personal gain too. How many relatives exploit NBA players for personal shyt that don't even make money. I guarantee you that million didn't make any money for Shaq or his peeps.

Again, you don't have to buy or support his shyt but you seem kind of angry about it and the people that do. I don't get it

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
What did Jordan do that's similar to Lavar at all? :gucci:
  • Only fukks white and latinas these days.
  • Has a well known "no negroes" policy

I don't know what bad business decisions LB has made. I just hear a lot of hate towards the guy and for what? Because he's loud, obnoxious and goes against the grain? Isn't that what Americans take pride in? So called "sticking it to the establishment" and being "self confident" where did confidence is flat out arrogance by world standards.

What I'm saying is simple bro. Stop jumping on hate bandwagons and hating someone just because there is a media frenzy against said person. Every time I see the media on a hate frenzy on somebody I always check myself before I get drawn into it and a ask what had that person done that another beloved clown hasn't?

Last edited:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Honestly you don't have to like Lavar Ball. You don't have to purchase his products. You don't have to agree with everything he says. I just find it weird when another black person wishes him to fail. If they not in c00n terrority I can't root for him to fail, this man is going against the big corporations and could change the shoe game forever.

Yep, all these nikkas clowning on him/wishing him to fail look a bit suspect. Even before they launched their shoe, people en mass were hating on the Balls' when they announced their plans for an indie shoe line, that alone should have black folks on notice. I'm probably not going to cop BBB gear, but I won't be wishing the Ball family to fail.

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
How does he promote white supremacy? Especially pissing off the big wigs at these shoe companies that want to do the same thing to his son that he's doing.

Don't other parents get material items from their NBA children? Lavar is setting up something that his children could benefit from well after their playing days. Their is no guarantee all these children will be superstars or make the league. I mean Shaq went through a million dollars in one day his rookie year because he bought a sports car drove it home, his pops saw it and said "where's mine?" then Shaq went and bought another 6 figure car. That's exploting your child for personal gain too. How many relatives exploit NBA players for personal shyt that don't even make money. I guarantee you that million didn't make any money for Shaq or his peeps.

Again, you don't have to buy or support his shyt but you seem kind of angry about it and the people that do. I don't get it
Never did I say he promotes white supremacy. Sure many parents of NBA players may exploit their children for things, but their not on ESPN every day gloating about it are they?

Michael Thompson was handling all of Klay's finances when he got into the league, and probably still does till this day. If Lavar wanted to guide Lonzo through his college and NBA career he would have done something similar to what Michael Thomson does. But he doesn't. All he does is piss all of LONZO'S possible future connects because he is that arrogant.

Only reason I'm angry is because I am sick and tired of hearing about this nikka and his activities. He got yall in the palm of his hands, giving him all the attention he craves.