Fat Joe Admits To Lying In “95 Percent” Of His Raps While Discussing Young Thug RICO Trial

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm actually intrigued when they say someone is a studio gangster, or like Ja Rule is fake.

It takes a lot more skill to fantasize poetically about something you never did. And do it at a high level to where it's entertaining.

Rappers will never get proper credit for that but Hollywood writers do it all day.

I don't know that Ja ever had people hooked on the gangster tales or stories..... it was more hit songs and cool image when they were at their peak

all them Ashanti shyts, catchy hooks, cool beats, nice videos

it werent Ja's skill at painting pictures that popped them shyts

RAX 010

Cold Blooded
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
Joey just doing for the youth what an OG is supposed to do.
Hopefully our culture can read between the lines ....

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Ain't nobody finna wrap Joey up in no Rico for some shyt 2-3 decades old. He need to knock the attention whoring off unless he officially vouching for Thug on some character witness type ish
If anything, he’s doing a service for the rap community as a whole. Plausible deniability. If someone like Fat Joe comes out and reveals he’s fabricating his bars while not under the pressure of litigation it gives the average Joe an out. They can just say, “hey, I’m just like Fat Joe. It’s art.” :mjgrin: Also allows 5% of your bars to be dedicated to heinous, ruthless, gully, grimy shyt without fear of having to face prosecution. :ohlawd:

Last edited:

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
I'm actually intrigued when they say someone is a studio gangster, or like Ja Rule is fake.

It takes a lot more skill to fantasize poetically about something you never did. And do it at a high level to where it's entertaining.

Rappers will never get proper credit for that but Hollywood writers do it all day.
I would think its easier to just make up any random shyt.. :ohhh: than try to make what most mundane hood shyt is on a day to day..

Braman

Superstar
Daps
As if the feds were even thinking about him like that lol.

:childplease:

You might wanna do your googles. Joe is as deeply tied to the streets as any rapper in history

If they got Bobby Shmurda for being affiliated with GS9 they coulda got Joe 10 times over.

BUT…You gotta remember RICO was created to stop the mob in New York. So in the 90s early 2000s when Joe was deeply tied to TS/Latin kings, Feds wasn’t even thinking about rapper crews and def not for Rico like they are now. They were still using RICO for its original purpose, the mob.

It’s no coincidence that the first real cases of the Feds targeting rap crews—-Murder Inc in 2003—coincided with most of the mob being dismantled. That’s when the Feds pivoted to rap

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

Some decade plus, me and my man's was having a discussion about this. I said "how come rappers aren't as revered as writers?" His response "there's too many of them "