Favorite track off Ghostface Killah's - "Ironman" (Poll & Discussion)

Favorite track off Ironman

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deucage

"Who's the best: Pac, Nas and Big?"
Daps
Reppin
Th...th...th..th...th...The Coli.com
A continuation of my "Favorite track off a Classic or Great album" threads. Yesterday I covered GZA's "Liquid Swords" in which "4th Chamber" & "Shadowboxin'" are neck & neck:blessed:. Today I will be covering Ghostface Killah's "Ironman". Another Wu classic & one of many great albums by Starks. The album also features Raekwon & Cappadonna with Raekwon being in almost every track just as was the case in OB4CL with Ghostface being in almost every track & having his own track. Ghostface has always been my favorite from the Wu so I tend to be a little biased. I remember at the time not knowing what Ghostface was talking about throughout Ironman & OB4CL. I always had the :dwillhuh: when his verse was over. But it always went:dj2:. I remember in some thread around here about the meaning of Ghosts lyrics, the poster did a good job of explaining the lyrics to some ghost lyrics that were confusing. When he did it I had the :wow:. Come get this rep if you know who you are.
Back to the album. Ghostface is in full form on this album although some say he was outshined throughout the album:francis: on some tracks I agree though:manny:. RZA at it again with the production & another classic under his belt. "Fish" was produced by True Master by the way. My favorite track on here is a tie between "Assassination Day" & "Winter Warz" . Both tracks are notable for having the "Weaker" members of the Wu steal the show. RZA, Masta Killa & Rebel-INS on "Assassination Day" & Masta Killa, U-God, & especially Cappadonna on "Winter Warz" I'm not calling them wack by any means. INS at one point was my favorite.That's usually how the supposed "Wu fans" refer to them as:dame: There is nothing wrong in being behind rappers such as Ghostface, Raekwon, GZA, etc. shyt is a blessing. Ima have to lean towards "Winter Warz" off the strength of Cappa's verse alone. The nikka who usually provides the wackest (After Ironman;I thought he was dope during the OB4CL & IM era)Off beat verses compared to the rest of the members even RZA, surprisingly provides arguably the best verse on the album & IMO one the best of all time verses. :mjlol: At Cappa saying it was a freestyle.:duck:.
:mjcry: Shout out to "All That I Got Is You" :mjcry:
There wasn't any space left for "The Soul Controller" & "Marvel" on the poll. Sorry brehs.
What's your favorite track off "Ironman"? & if you can, explain.
#favetrack
81x6XsgxsGL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
I guarantee you I'm the only one who's gonna vote for Poisonous Darts

Yo yo, mountains of blow like snow constant cash flow
Rocking a Shaft afro, Tony got mad glow with hoes
Mega powder dripping from they nose
fukking Jet magazine bytcheswith wide p*ssy pose
:blessed:
Centrefold the whole night, deadly venom horror snake bites
Only Built 4 Cuban Link kings who shoot dice
:jawalrus:
Holding money bags, convertible Benz with feathered bags
With the mongoose your man's got two seeds down in Baghdad
:dwillhuh::merchant:

He was literally spitting darts throughout the entire song. Great short loop instrumental as well.

Honourable mentions to Motherless Child and Box in Hand and Iron Maiden