Favorite track off Nas'-"Stillmatic"(Poll & Discussion)

Favorite track off Stillmatic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
"You're Da Man", with "One Mic" and the intro tied for 2nd. I just remember rewinding "You're Da Man" a lot after I first heard it. Think I was a sophomore in high school in gym and I thought it seemed like a great defining track for Nas.

That's "What Goes Around".

smh at myself I always thought that track was called Poison. i owned the CD too :mjlol:

Take_Note

All Star
Daps
Why did You're Da Man have some bars cut from it? If you search, there's an unreleased version that's a little longer

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The intro. One of the few albums where I prefer the intro over the rest of the songs.

LOL @ "Poison". TS you ain't gonna do a thread like this for "I Am" and "Nastradamus"?

Ces1ne?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
1-"You're da Man" (Nas floats all over that ridiculous Large Pro beat)
2-"Stillmatic Intro" (killed it like he was back in his prime, massive amount of quotables in that gem....mornings was hashbrowns)
3-"2nd Childhood" (just pure HipHop)
4-"Destroy & Rebuild" (even tho he's going @ 1 of my goats 'Mega, the style & premise was creative as fukk)

Will never forget how much this LP was also a trunk/system banger:dj2:......had speakers knocking hard with most of those tracks. Could feel someone playing "Got URself A Gun" 5-6 blocks away.

Would love to see 1 of these for "Gods Son":ohhh:.....the amount of love/hate & flip-flopping I've heard regarding that album over the years is crazy.

Deucage

"Who's the best: Pac, Nas and Big?"
Daps
Reppin
Th...th...th..th...th...The Coli.com
1-"You're da Man" (Nas floats all over that ridiculous Large Pro beat)
2-"Stillmatic Intro" (killed it like he was back in his prime, massive amount of quotables in that gem....mornings was hashbrowns)
3-"2nd Childhood" (just pure HipHop)
4-"Destroy & Rebuild" (even tho he's going @ 1 of my goats 'Mega, the style & premise was creative as fukk)

Will never forget how much this LP was also a trunk/system banger:dj2:......had speakers knocking hard with most of those tracks. Could feel someone playing "Got URself A Gun" 5-6 blocks away.

Would love to see 1 of these for "Gods Son":ohhh:.....the amount of love/hate & flip-flopping I've heard regarding that album over the years is crazy.
I'm skeptical on if I should do the thread about it. Lost Tapes is certified, but there are people who flat out hate God's Son and some who love the album and think it's great. I see it as "I Am" where both albums have all time classic Nas tracks but the rest of the album has some really bad tracks that bring the album down. :patrice: