Fed-Up TV Anchor Goes On Epic Rant Over NBC's Olympics Monopoly!

Daps
how would you prefer they handle marquee events? have people competing at 1am local time, where sports are sure to overlap and people will still be complaining (starts too late on the east coast, too late on the west...etc). you can stream every event for free as it happens, what else do you want?
Show the prime time events live in stead of rowing or some bullshyt, also show the replay

I don't have a solution tho I'm not an NBC exec, but their ratings are down. Nobody finna tune in at prime time for a replay

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
the entire wgn morning news sell themselves as the light hearted comedic group, as other networks are the rigid serious news analyst. gotta remember these are the same people who made national news by reporting news of a plane crash when it was simply the tv show chicago fire being filmed. that shows you the quality of reporting they do

but this is still pretty funny lol

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
how would you prefer they handle marquee events? have people competing at 1am local time, where sports are sure to overlap and people will still be complaining (starts too late on the east coast, too late on the west...etc). you can stream every event for free as it happens, what else do you want?
i havent checked into it because i just stream the east coast feed, but ive heard they even block certain live events on the stream if you are geo-located in certain time zones forcing you to watch it on delay when it airs in your time zone

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
I got a notification on my phone when Simone B won the gymnastics all around at 2:30 pm but NBC didn't air it for me on the west coast until 11:35 :martin:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Show the prime time events live in stead of rowing or some bullshyt, also show the replay

I don't have a solution tho I'm not an NBC exec, but their ratings are down. Nobody finna tune in at prime time for a replay
and no one is going to be tuned in to their station during the day for marquee events, which is why tier 2/3 events get aired on tv. no one would watch them at all if they were streaming only. i think they're doing fine, given the global nature of the olympics. if you're available to watch gymnastics live during the day, fire up your phone/laptop/tablet and watch it.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i havent checked into it because i just stream the east coast feed, but ive heard they even block certain live events on the stream if you are geo-located in certain time zones forcing you to watch it on delay when it airs in your time zone
i've watched every event i've been interested in on their apps. no blackouts, a few buffering issues or streams that cross over to another sport, but nothing a quick page reload doesn't fix

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Last edited:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Last edited:

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
2 things:

1) Of course NBC gonna be tight with their shyt..they spent a grip to get the rights to the olympics.

2) How are nikkas still complaining about delays when u can watch every even live thru either your phone or tv?:what: