First they came for hiphop, now they're saying the Blues came from Morocco

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
Tariq's reaction when he hears about this......

Capture.jpg

Family, have ya'll heard about the new Blues documentary I'm working on....
Everyone got new teeth now? :dahell:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
What if they did

What exactly is the pearl clutching for if it hypothetical was the case
:hhh: Just admit you’re wrong.

Bob Wisdom: You can trace the blues—you can trace the blues to the Black cultures from Senegal, Gambia, Mali, who then traveled North into Morocco, the Black races. When you come here and hear the Gnawa you feel the same thing that we feel with the old-time Blues.

They're not saying white ppl did it. They're saying black started it in Africa.
Black Americans twerk, but even that has African roots.

Am I missing something?
there are whole countries between those countries and Morocco with the distance of about 1000 miles. Why would a large amounts of people travel that through jungles and deserts to the point two multiple distinct tribes would share musical traditions. It’s disrespectful to the actual ancestry of African Americans that can be traced to West Africa and it’s disrespectful to African Americans who innovated that music.

You let enough shyt slide they’ll be swearing that aliens and white people created Jazz and the Blues next.

Last edited:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
You know you have to feel some type of way that one collective of people influenced music on such a global scale that you have to start discrediting it at these type of levels.

some folks that had never left the deep south, somehow got infiltrated by Kevin Gates people and gave them a whole style to run with

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
:hhh: Just admit you’re wrong.

there are whole countries between those countries and Morocco with the distance of about 1000 miles. Why would a large amounts of people travel that through jungles and deserts to the point two multiple distinct tribes would share musical traditions. It’s disrespectful to the actual ancestry of African Americans that can be traced to West Africa and it’s disrespectful to African Americans who innovated that music.

You let enough shyt slide they’ll be swearing that aliens and white people created Jazz and the Blues next.

I will when you admit you don’t know what influence means and what it entails

But thats Americans in a nutshell thinking the whole world revolve around them

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
As a Marsupial that really want to venture out to Morocco, this is bullshyt and 60 minutes needs to eat a dikk in 60 seconds :camby: