First they came for hiphop, now they're saying the Blues came from Morocco

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Ok champ you got it. :mjlol:

Completely derail a thread because you can’t admit your wrong. :pachaha:

I didn’t derail shyt just because I don’t agree with a bunch of spineless, blubbering, spirtually dead ass c00ns

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Nothing wrong with the article. This site has just devolved into a cesspool of crab ass nikkas.
Yeah, I was about to watch the 60 minutes video segment, but the opening paragraphs in article and the timelines mentioned seems to be what people are missing. Would hate to think that dudes here aren't aware that the Arab slave trade preceded the transatlantic slave trade, and that some of the same ethnic groups were captured and transported in both directions.

This can't be life.

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tariq's reaction when he hears about this......

Capture.jpg

Family, have ya'll heard about the new Blues documentary I'm working on....
My goodness

:dead:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No one is denying that, but….

1) Morocco isn’t a West African Country
2) watch that video, just based on the instruments and performance alone it’s clear it’s been heavily influenced by American blues and jazz.

They have clearly been inspired by American musicians but the video is how we were inspired by them, when odds are that is bullshyt
No odds of it. It is bullshyt. People just say Blues, but what they don't realze is that there are different versions of Blues. What we call Blues now days which is essentially Delta Blues, evolved on plantations and in the cotton fields of the Mississippi Delta (Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas). Delta Blues are not the same as Appalachian Blues which is from Georgia and the Carolinas. Appalachian Blues is the closest version to what was brought from West Africa. The shyt they are calling Desert Blues is actually borrowing from Delta Blues fused with Rock and Roll which is also Delta Blues. As stated earlier Delta Blues evolved essentially in one area in the United States.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Bob Wisdom: You can trace the blues—you can trace the blues to the Black cultures from Senegal, Gambia, Mali, who then traveled North into Morocco, the Black races. When you come here and hear the Gnawa you feel the same thing that we feel with the old-time Blues.

They're not saying white ppl did it. They're saying black started it in Africa.
Black Americans twerk, but even that has African roots.

Am I missing something?
You are not outrage enough. They said that those same Black Africans brought that shyt over there to Morroco as slaves :mjpls:

Blues having some west African roots is not a hot new take.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yeah, I was about to watch the 60 minutes video segment, but the opening paragraphs in article and the timelines mentioned seems to be what people are missing. Would hate to think that dudes here aren't aware that the Arab slave trade preceded the transatlantic slave trade, and that some of the same ethnic groups were captured and transported in both directions.

This can't be life.
They don't read or don't care to comprehend

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I hate when you have non musicians trying to define music history.

That’s what ethnomusicologists are for.

THATS LITERALLY MY JOB!

:damn:

Ain’t nobody in Africa was playing the blues. And don’t mention some damn retard ass scales as to your logic.

It’s a purely American experience from which it came from.