Five brehs agreed to save $50 a week for two years, just purchased their first investment property

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
I set up an investment club with 4 of my guys. We were doing $75 a month and would do occasional scheduled larger contributions.
In like a year and a half we had stacked 15k, made some stock investments that were showing returns, but eventually it fell apart because niccas were inpatient and I got tired of trying to manage personalities and placate niccas without vision. Every 3 months I had to talk down somebody who saw they had a couple grand of equity and wanted to pull it out to do dumb sh!t, or go headfirst into hood investments like "throwing a party".

I learned a lot tho, we formed a corporation, filed taxes, business checking and etrade accounts, elected officers, submitted reports to the state. Hopefully that practice comes in handy. Running a business entity with friends is kinda straining, you learn about their strengths and weakness responsibility wise. Your friend being fun in miami, and a good spades partner doesn't mean he can file documents on time.

I'm back to investing on my own now, when I do make a move it'll be solo, you can't always take everyone with you. If you got a good group, I recommend giving it a shot, it's doable, because we were doing it.

Last edited:

Crude

Superstar
Daps
Real estate is not that lucrative unless it's business real estate. Residential real estate can be profitable if you have many properties that are occupied but otherwise you are sinking money monthly into something that does not generate you a profit.
If you own your house or houses free and clear with no mortgage then there is a profit.

Admittedly, my wife and I do have several people properties. I remember when we had only two, but they were both paid for and were free and clear after insurance and property taxes.

killacal

Banned
Daps
What the fukk is wrong with these dudes, don’t they know that it’s no hope for black people unless they focus on the data and we get reparations. How dare they ignore the doom & gloom and take matters into their own hand
:scust:
Even if they got it done that doesn't changed what is owed my nikka:francis: nothing does

Daps
Short term gratification vs long term rewards

Black people tend to be more about having fun, and entertainment, and living in the moment.

I have friends who make six figures, and don't even have life insurance policies for their kids. Meanwhile, they're going out to eat multiple times a week, buying lunch everyday, and renting, not owning their property.

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
tenor.gif

stave

Superstar
Daps
:ehh: kinda surprised nobody has came in here to say "but they not ADOS"

We might be turning a corner here on thread derailments :blessed:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
With a new asset under their belt, they’ve started a property management company and have plans to acquire more properties in the new future.

Hannigan says that while his partners couldn’t see his plan at first, they believed in him as he had just opened a daycare and was getting into the entrepreneur mindset. He believes trust is the foundation for others trying to replicate their plan.

that was great to read. salute to them.